06. Call Me Georgie

"Hey Maya, did you want me to walk you over to Riley's?" Bianca asked, looking up from her book as she heard her younger sister approach. Pausing to give her a disapproving look as Bianca glanced over her outfit, not allowing Maya to respond before she continued. "Actually no, you're not going anywhere dressed like that."

"Seriously, B? I thought you were cool!" Maya groaned, rolling her eyes as she stomped her boot-clad foot.

"You know you secretly love it. Now go get changed, you're wearing way too much fishnet for someone your age and that skirt is mine." The oldest blonde replied, gesturing to her sibling's outfit. Maya was wearing fishnet stockings, bulky black boots, a plaid skirt that was styled in a way Bianca wouldn't have even dreamed of and a long sleeve fishnet top with a singlet thrown over the top.

"I'm your size, you can't expect me not to steal your clothes. It's not my fault you're tiny." Maya shrugged, making a move to grab her bag and leave.

"No, Maya. Here, if you want to wear my clothes so badly why don't I style you an outfit? It'll be fun, like what we used to do when we were little. I have a brand new cream top with your name on it.."

"I suppose I can live with that." Maya grinned back, pulling off her shoes and ignoring her bag as she turned to follow Bianca into her room.

"Alright this," Bianca told her, passing Maya a pair of blue ripped boyfriend jeans, "make sure you cuff the bottom and match it with this top." She added, this time the oldest presenting her with the cream top mentioned before. The shirt sitting nicely and flowing out from Maya's small frame after she eagerly put it on.

"I love it. Shoes?"

"How about these tan booties? Oh and you can also borrow my matching tan bookbag!" Bianca answered, practically throwing the items at Maya. "Now that, is a very nice outfit. Don't you like this more than what you tried to leave in before?"

"I'm not saying you're right because you'll never let me forget it, but thank you. I do very much like this look." Maya replied, turning slightly in the mirror with a bright smile clear on her face. "I had better get going though, you still wanna walk me? I think Josh is staying with the Matthews' for a bit, maybe you guys could go for coffee?"

"You're welcome and it suits you."

"And Josh?"

"There is not a hope in hell that I will be getting coffee with Josh, but I'd still be happy to walk you. I might just leave you at the bay window."

"Alright. Oh and also don't forget you have an orientation thing for NYU later today! If you don't wanna be stuck with Josh, maybe you should make some friends," Maya reminded Bianca.

"I couldn't forget even if I tried."

-

"Hi, I'm Georgette; you look kinda lost so I thought I'd introduce myself." A raven-haired girl said, seeming to have randomly popped up in front of the Hart girl with a friendly smile stretched onto her very pretty face.

"Oh hey, um, Georgette. I'm Bianca and you're right, I am completely lost. Was it really that obvious?"

"Totally, but don't worry, it's cute. See the brown-haired boy over there?" Georgette replied, pointing to Josh who winked once he had gained Bianca's attention, even throwing in a little wave to which she completely ignored.

"Unfortunately." The blonde muttered, looking away almost instantly.

"He's definitely into you, I could've sworn I heard him tell some guy to back off when they made a comment about your butt. He wasn't rude about it or anything, just kind of pulled the guy into line. You should go over there and talk to him!"

"I actually already know him and I'm not a huge fan. We didn't really get along, I guess it's not so bad anymore, but he's still not my favourite person on the planet."

"By the end of this year, I guarantee you'll date him." Georgette stated, her face completely serious as Bianca began to laugh.

"No way! Sorry Georgette, but I seriously doubt I'll give Josh a chance."

"Whatever you reckon," Bianca's new friend smirked, "oh, but call me Georgie."

"Georgie it is then. Are you staying on campus?"

"Yeah, I can't wait! What about you?"

"No, I kinda live near here."

"Kinda?" Georgie pressed, raising a perfectly plucked eyebrow at Bianca.

"Well, it's close but not that close." Bianca clarified, trying to think of something else to say as Georgie appeared even more confused. "Um, so what's your room like?"

"It's small, but that's okay. Wanna come see? I'll give you my number so you can find me at the party later too." Georgie smiled, laughing when Bianca just gave her a blank stare. "Don't tell me you didn't know about the orientation party."

"Yeah, I'd love to, but no, no I don't know anything about the party." The blonde shrugged back, following her friend's shiny black hair as it softly swung with each step. "Should I know about it?"

"Uhm, yes! It's a huge deal for anyone who wants to be someone at college."

"But I just want to be Bianca.."

"Then I'll see you at the party tonight, I have a flyer in my room you can have. Do you think you'll join a sorority?"

"Oh.. Thanks and no, I'm just going to focus on passing rather than sororities. What about you?"

"Mm, sororities aren't really my thing. I'm better with only a few close friends who I can actually trust and you, Bianca, just became the very first friend in my little group." Georgie told her, looking back to smile at her brand new 'close friend'.

"You trust me already?" Bianca questioned, surprise clear in her tone.

"Eh, I'm a very trusting person and you seem really nice. Plus you didn't melt over that guy -Josh? - and I really appreciate a girl who knows she's worth more than what the opposite sex thinks of her. I identify as a feminist and no, that doesn't mean I hate all men or burn bras. It means I believe in equality." Georgie said, unlocking her door.

"I think you're right," Bianca smiled, "I think we're gonna be great friends."