Book 3⌇Epilogue: Torn Apart

Epilogue ∣  Torn Apart

-Maverick

"If you try to flex your power one more time..." my father wraps his hand around my neck, slamming my back down onto the cold, hard marble floor.

My mother runs to his side and grips his arm with both her hands and yells, "Lucca stop!"

"Really?" My father glowers, "You're okay with him dominating you?"

My mother's eyes flicker from my pained face and then back to my father, "No, but please...he's just a kid."

"And he needs to fucking learn his place if he ever wants to lead a coven," my father's eyes shift to the black rose color, in his rage he clamps down harder on my throat.

"STOP!" It's my grandfather's voice that causes my father to loosen his death grip on my neck as I gasp for air, "Lucca, let your son go. You'll regret it if you hurt him. Evie's right, he's only nine."

My father's eyes shift back, gazing into mine as he roughly pushes down on my neck before standing to his full height. My mother's worried expression makes me second guess my actions, knowing it was wrong of me to use my blood magic when I was angry to get my way. She stands up for me when my father would rather kill me.

"He blames me..." I whisper, my mother helping me stand to my feet from the black marble floor of the mansion we reside in.

My mother shakes her head, "Don't mind him."

"Evie," my grandfather comes to stand next to my mother and me. He's immensely powerful but had given the title of King and Queen to my parents shortly after the hunters and vampires made peace.

I still don't like hunters...they're way too strict and live in the same home as I do with my parents and grandparents' coven.

"Dad, I know," my mother says, breathing out a heavy sigh.

My father comes back in the main hallway, glaring at me before heading up the marble staircase.

I just get so angry...

...I can't control myself.

I feel my eyes shifting, my fangs elongating as I bite into my wrist.

"No!" My mother screams, lunging and knocking me to the ground where she pins me there.

My father whirls around, his fangs bared at me as he moves so quickly, he seems to appear right next to us. The connection flickers to life, the control over my blood is part of me as I morph two strands around my mother's wrists, clenching my fist and throwing her off. My grandfather catches her, I knew he would. I don't mean to hurt her...it's my father that had cursed me, not accepting me as his son.

I roll onto my stomach and push off the marble floor, the blood circling around me.

"Why? What did I do?!" I yell, "Why do you hate me so much?!"

My mother tries to pull out of my grandfather's arms, but he holds her still, knowing she has no authority over me. Even he is slightly on edge when the connection to my blood magic is open.

"You threatened to kill your mother...before you even came into this world," my father hisses at me.

"Lucca! Stop it, please just leave him alone..." my mother cries, afraid how far this is going to escalate. Sure, we fight as any father and son do, but it takes a turn for the worse once my blood magic ability is unlocked and I threaten his life.

"I should have never let Orion train you..." my father watches me carefully, waiting for me to strike at him.

If I do...