The Beginning of the End

Born into a life of happiness, there was no way I thought I could ever be sad or unhappy. I had my mom and dad who showered me with kisses and love. I had an older brother who was always by my side protecting me and friends that I would do anything for. I attended school and got good grades and most importantly I had just shifted two weeks ago. Well here's the thing I'm a werewolf and so is everybody in this town. My mom and dad are the Alpha and Luna, so as you can see they are pretty important. They help protect our lands and people along with the beta and pack fighters. After I had shifted I became the happiest ever because once I did I would be able to find my mate. If you don't know what that is, it is basically a person who is literally your other half, you can't live without them and if one of them dies you go insane and lose all focus and judgement. I hope no one ever has to go through that. Tonight was the day they were throwing my party. We would've celebrated it the day I shifted but a neighboring pack needed help and both my father and brother, along with pack fighters had to go help. All the female mates were anxious and nervous and my brother and father weren't here so it wasn't a good time to party. But everything is fine and we can continue on with it.

School was cancelled just for today so people can help set up and food can be cooked. I stare at the mirror wondering how I look. I look at how my brown hair and like the natural wave it has. Ever since I was little my dad would never let me cut my hair.

*Flashback* (3 Years Ago..Nina is 13)

'Daddy can I have some money so I can cut my hair.'  I said. My dad turned and looked kind of angry so I took a step back and tears started to come up. I looked at my dad and apologized. His face softened and had a small sight of regret. He came to me picking me up and wiping the tears from eyes. 'I'm sorry princess, I didn't mean to upset you. It's just you know that daddy loves you exactly the way you are now right?' I nod my head while wiping my nose. 'Well that's why I was a bit upset because you are perfect the way you are and cutting it would be like changing you. Daddy loves your hair and how long it is and I would never ever want to see it cut. Okay Princess, I love you.' By the end of his speech I could feel the love radiating of him and it made me smile. 'I love you too Daddy' I say while trying to give him the biggest hug but I am the one that ends up not being able to breath. I guess that's Alpha strength to you.

*Flashback Done*

I stare at my hair smiling at that moment. My hair then was only about up to my shoulders but now it is waist length. But as you can see I'm the biggest daddy's girl. But I love my mom very much as well. I get my light skin color from my mom, her beautiful hour glass shape, 5 foot height and basically every feature. The only thing that I have from my dad is his piercing bright green eyes. I look in the mirror and just love the way I look. My best friend Ana  comes barging in and I scream bloody mary because 1) I was in another world and not paying attention and 2) I was still in my bra and underwear. 'Chill out Nina its just me' she says so nonchalantly. Meanwhile I give her a death glare while putting my robe on and still trying to catch my breath. Not a second later my door is busted down, like literally off the hinges, and when I look I see my dad and brother looking around frantically. When they see me they calm down and then they look at Ana and suddenly understand what's going on. You would think they would be used to this scene already with me and Ana, it happens almost everyday. They both give there I love you's and walk out but not before I see my brother and my best friend glance at each other and there was definitely something in those looks.

When they leave I am just staring at Ana with my piercing eyes. 'Sheesh Nina why are you staring at me like that you are giving me goosebumps.' She starts to rub here arms as if she is cold. 'What is going on between you and my brother and don't lie to me because if I have to get it from him or someone else all hell will break lose.' You can literally see the sweat running down her forehead. 'Well remember how I shifted just a couple of days ago.' I nod my head and tell her to continue. 'Well h-he is so-sort of m-my maaate.' She drags out the word mate and by the way she was stuttering shows me she told the truth. I don't know what to do I mean I am completely shocked and I can't do anything but just stand still. She shakes me but nothing budges me. I mean why am I so upset, she is my best friend, and since she will marry my brother that will make us sisters and I also can't be happier that John got the best mate ever. I guess it is just upsetting that neither of them told me and kept it a secret from me, I would be happy and congratulate them. I come to it when I feel someone place a soft and on my cheek. I look and see a blurry version of my mom. I didn't even notice that I had started crying. When I look at my mom I just hug her and cry it all out and she sits with me until i finish. 'Are you okay dear?' She looks so concerned. 'Yeah I'm fine where did Ana go?' I say while looking around my room. 'I sent her home for now, I told her to just let you calm down and that she can come back later after she is done getting dressed so you both can go to your party at the same time.' I smile and feel my heart swell up with love because my mom is the most caring women in the world and is the best Luna. Instead of pushing me about it she tells me that it is better to talk to Ana about it later.

'Well now dear, lets get you all prettied up for your special day!' 'Okay mom sounds perfect.' While my mom goes to my vanity to pick out the make-up she will be using, I go to my closet to get my beautiful dress. My mom chose it for me. Its a mid length strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline. Its the same green color as my eyes but just a shade darker making my eyes look brighter. I put it on and then my mom starts my makeup. She put eyeliner with a wing at the end with the black, white and gray smoky color. Then she added a light tint for the cheeks to give it a nice natural blushing color and the she added a dark red lipstick color to make them pop. When she finished she had huge smile on her face. 'My goodness dear, I have never seen someone as beautiful as you. You know you, your brother and father are my world. Your my everything and I don't know what I would do if I ever lost one of you'. I try not to cry because I don't want to ruin my make-up. I give her a tight hug, 'I love you too mom, so very much.' She leans down and gives me a kiss on my forehead. Just then my dad walked knocked on the door and I wonder how long he has been standing there. You can see the love he has from mom and you can feel it pouring out of him. My mom walks to him giving him and long kiss and a hug. 'I agree with you my love, I don't know what I would do without any of you.' My dad says to my mom. My dad then walks up to me placing a kiss on my head. 'You look beautiful princess.' 'Thank you daddy.' 'See you later.' Both my mom and dad say to me before walking out my room.

A few minutes later my brother and his mate, my best friend walk in with a look of shame. 'Ana can you please let us explain', my best friend says with tears in her eyes. I can feel the sadness and it makes me upset to know that she is this way because of me. Without a second thought I run to her giving her a hug and just holding on. 'There's no need to explain anything, I understand that you guys just wanted to wait to tell me, but trust me when I say this I am not mad at either of you. I love both of you so much and I'm glad that you will be my sister and that John is getting an amazing mate like you and that you are getting an amazing mate like Ana. Congratulations both of you, I'm honestly happy for both of you.' Ana and John both have tears in my eye and they just hug me tight saying the love you and thank you for understanding. 'Now shoo both of you, my birthday is in a few and you both need to finish getting ready.' I push them out the door and go to close it when I realize it's still broken. Sheesh my family is nuts. I call my dad and tell him to send someone to fix it and he says okay.

*2 Hours Later*

I hear the Dj announce my name and I know that is my queue to walk on stage to make my entrance. When I walk onto stage  throw my hands up and dance a bit and I laugh because I can't even hear my self think with all the screaming and the music. I walk up to the Dj and get the mic. 'Thank you everyone for coming to my birthday bash. I hope you enjoy yourself and drink until you get a hang over so bad they have to invite a new name for it', I laugh and everybody is screaming and holds up shots and they all take it along with me. Now the party has begun.

*1 Hour Later*

'A-Ana you know I love you.' I say slurring I think. 'Okay little missy I think you have had way to much to drink and it's only been an hour. Let's go find John and see if he can help me bring you back.' Just then I think I hear my mom and soon I'm in her arms instead of Ana's. 'Okay dear let's get you back to your room, the last thing I want is for someone to take advantage of you.' 'Your so funny mom, omg look at that my tummy is growling i must be hungry.' I feel myself tugged back and when I feel the fear radiating of my mom its like I'm not so drunk anymore. I hear more than one growl and that's when I notice it wasn't my stomach. It was the sound of rogues. I see my mom transform and I follow. Through mind link she tells me to run but shake my head. 'No mom I am not leaving you here, I am staying here with you and fighting.' I then mind link my dad and brother and tell him the situation. Me and my mom try not to start or provoke them, we keep our distance waiting for my mom and brother to get here with some pack fighters. But all of sudden one jumps on top of my mom and I go to attack him until one attacks me. I feel him bite into my shoulder and I whimper in pain.

The last thing I hear is my dad howl in anguish and growl in anger before I black out.