Chapter 4

Rose's POV

I was still staring wide eyed at my mother. She didn't look angry at me, she had a big smile on her face. I shook my head and then smiled. She then pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back.

"I've missed you so much Rose." she says.

I whisper, "I've missed you too mum..."

She releases me and askes, "How have you been these past 5 years?" I shrug and say, "I've been doing great. How bout you?"

"I would've been better if you hadn't run away..." she says.

I sigh and say, "I'm really sorry for running away... It's just that after everything that happened while I was strigoi, I just couldn't bare to stay at the academy."

My mother nods her head, understanding what I had said. Then her phone goes off. She answers it and then she talks for a few seconds, then hangs up.

She looks at me apologetically and says, "Sorry, I have a shift right now."

I smile and make a gesture wth my hand telling her to go. "That's okay. We could talk some other time. Now go before you're late." She nods, gives me a guick hug and then walks off.

Once she is out of my view, I make my way to the room Dimitri and I are staying in. After a few minutes of walking and getting lost, I was now finally in front of the room. I was about to open the door, when I noticed that it was already slightly opened. I got into Guardian mode and slowly opened the door. When I opened the door fully, I saw someone sitting on the bed looking at the ground.

I got into a fighting position and said, "Who are you and what are you doing here...?"

The person turns their head to look at me. I let out a gasp as I look at the person.

It was Christian Ozera.

He smiles at me and says, "It's been a while, hasn't it Rose?" I nod my head and say, "How did you get in here?"

He smirks and says, "That's a secret."

"Okay... Then how did you know this was our room?"

He raises an eyebrow and says, "Our? Who's staying here with you?"

I remain silent for a while, thinking whether or not to tell Christian that Dimitri was here. I let out another sigh and say, "Dimitri..."

His eyes widen and says, "So Belikov is here as well."

I nod my head and sit next to him. I ask again, "So I ask once again, how did you know that this was our room." He smiles and says, "Sorry, that's another secret."

We remain quiet for a few seconds and then my stomach rumbles. I blush and Christian laughs. He gets up from the bed and says, "Come on, I'll cook you something." I get up and say, "Thanks..." He headed out of the room first and I followed, locking the door as I left the room.

Christian walked down the hallways with me next to him. I ask, "Where are you going to cook?"

He turned to me with a smile and said, "At Lissa and I's apartment."

I stopped walking and so did Christian.

"Is... Is Lissa there now...?" I asked him.

He shook his head and said, "No, she went out." I nodded my head and we continued to walk. After a few minutes of walking, we finally stopped in front of a door. Christian opened the door, went in and headed towards where I'm guessing the kitchen was. I followed behind him.

"You could sit down while I cook." he told me. I didn't say anything and sat at the dining table.

We didn't speak to each other. The only thing you could hear would have to be Christian cooking. After a few minutes, he finished cooking and put the food in front of me. I said, "Thanks" and began to eat.

Christian sat down across from me and he just remained quiet as I ate.

Around ten minutes after I had begun eating, we heard the front door open.

"Hey Christian? You home?" a voice called out.

I stopped eating and stared at Christian wide eyed. No... I couldn't see her yet. Not yet.

Christian smiled an apologetic smile and said, "You'll have to face her soon.. So why not now...?" He then called out, "I'm in the kitchen."

We heard her footsteps as she walked towards the kitchen. I stood up and had my back facing the doorway of the kitchen, Christian also stood up. I heard her footsteps stop and she said, "Oh I didn't know you had a guest. Hello, I'm Lissa." Then I can hear her stepping closer to where I was standing.

Her foosteps stop just a metre behind me and I look to Christian for help. He gives me an encouraging smile and a thumbs up. I let out a sigh and take a deep breath. Then I turn around.

"Hey Liss. It's been a while."

Lissa's eyes widen and I see that tears are forming in her eyes. I just stand there with a nervous smile on my face.

We stood there looking at each oher for a few seconds and then she pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. I hugged her back and said, "I am so sorry for running away.."

Dimitri's POV

Once Rose had left, I made my way over to a punching bag and began to punch and punch letting all my anger out. After a few minutes of punching the daylights out of the punching bag, I sat on the mat. I looked at the punching bag and saw that it was a total wreck.

I then looked at the ceiling began to think. What if I hadn't left..

"Whoa, what happened to the punching bag...?" someone said.

I didn't say anything. I just remained quiet and just looked down at the ground. Then suddenly I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I looked up and looked at the person who was tapping my shoulder.

My eyes grew wide and the person just stared at me.

The person spoke first, "It has been way too long Dimitri Belikov..."

"Yes... It has been a while... Adrian Ivashkov..."