Chapter 3

~*~*~Chapter 3~*~*~

Rose's POV

We looked at the person known as Eddie Castile. One of the people from the gang and one of my best friends.

We just stared at each other. He stared at us in disbelief, like he thought he was seeing things and Dimitri and I just looked at him with wide eyes in shock. Eddie shook his head and said, "Great I miss them so much I'm imagining that they're in front of me." He shook his head again.

I laughed at that and despite me wanting to stay hidden from the gang, I missed him. So I said with a smile, "Edison Castile! How dare you think that we are just your imagination! We are the real thing! Now get your scrawny butt over here and give me a hug!"

Eddie looked at me for a second, with wide eyes. I reckon he still couldn't believe we were here. He got over his shock or whatever state he was in, ran over to me and pulled me into a tight embrace. I obviously hugged him back.

When he let me go, he looked at Dimitri and pulled him into a quick guy hug. Dimitri's face was emotionless but through his eyes I could tell he was glad to see Eddie.

Eddie then said with a huge smile plastered on his face, "I can't believe it' really you guys! It has been way too long!"

Both Dimitri and I nodded our heads and I said, "Yes, yes it has been way too long..."

We were all silent for a few seconds and then Eddie spoke up.

"I reckon Adrian and Lissa were pretty happy to see you guys were back."

Dimitri and I tensed. Then I said, "We haven't seen them yet... We haven't seen any one else yet, except for you and Queen Tatiana..."

Eddie's eyes widened and said, "What? How come?"

Before I answered him, Dimitri spoke, "We'll see them in a few days... Just not right now..."

Thankfully, Eddie didn't question us. Then another moment of silence passed. I decided to get rid of the silence by asking, "So what happened after we had left the academy...?" I didn't really want to ask this, but I was curious.

Eddie turned to us with a serious face and said, "Do you really want to know?"

I nodded my head and then turned to Dimitri. He didn't make a move to speak or nod or anything for a few seconds and then he nodded his head. I then turned my attention back to Eddie.

Eddie let out a sigh and said, "It was bad at first... Lissa and Adrian were torn. They had stayed in their rooms for... I can't even remember how long. I just remember it was a long time. We had brought them food and some blood bags or feeders to their rooms because they wouldn't come out. After a while, Adrian was the first one to come out of his room. He began to act normal again, he was happy and everything. Then one day, I was going over to his room to borrow his phone because I had dropped mine and it kind of shattered and I couldn't spot the others anywhere so I tried Adrian."

We had remained quiet this entire time, eager to know what had happened.

Eddie continued, "I knocked on his door and got no answer. I knocked on his door for about 15 minutes and then decided he wasn't in there. I was about to walk away from his door but then I heard someone moan in pain inside the room. I knocked on the door and called his name, I got no answer. I tried the door knob and thankfully it was open. When I got inside, I saw Adrian on the floor with cuts on his wrist and blood. I looked at him in shock and asked what he was doing. He had told me that he had wanted to get rid of the pain, to die."

I gasped and turned to Dimitri. His face was set into Guardian mode. But I could see in his eyes that he was angry. Angry at himself for leaving Adrian behind. I held his hand in mine and just rubbed it, comfortingly.

Then I turned to Eddie and said, "What happened after...?"

Eddie looked at us intently and continued, "I called Lissa using Adrian's phone. She had come in 10 minutes. She healed him. Once she had healed him we took him to the feeders. When he was done with the feeders we took him back to his room. We left him to rest and I was walking Lissa back to her room. I then noticed that she was wearing a long sleeved blouse. When we reached the front of her room, she reached for the door knob to open the door and then long sleeved went up and I saw cuts on her wrists. She had been cutting herself..."

I could feel the guilt and anger well up inside me. I just said, "Okay... I guess We've heard enough... But they're okay now right...?" Eddie nodded his head and said, "Yeah, they're fine. But they still really miss you guys. You really have to go see them!"

I gave him a slight smile and said, "We will, we will..."

We were then enveloped by silence once again. Eddie broke it first. "Well, I better get going. I got to go back to my charge, my break's over." He gave me a small smile and then turned to leave.

"Wait! Can I ask you a question?" I called after him.

He turned back around to face me, with a smirk and said, "you just did."

I rolled my eyes and said, "Come on Castile! You know what I mean!"

He laughed and said, "Okay sure, ask."

"Who's your charge?"

"It's our buddy old pal Ozera! Well, I really got to go now! See you later hopefully." He then turned back around and left the gym.

I turned to Dimitri and he still had his Guardian mask up. "Do you need some time alone?" I asked him. He nodded his head. "In the gym?" He nodded his head again. I sighed, gave him a quick peck on the lips and said, "I'll see you later then." I then left the gym, knowing that he needed to let out his anger.

I began to walk around the Royal Court. While walking, I was looking down at the ground. Thinking.

What would happen if we hadn't left...? They wouldn't have cut themselves...

Next thing I know, I bump into someone and I fall onto my ass. I get up, dust my butt off, still looking at the floor and say, "Watch where you're going!"

"Rosemarie Hathaway you will not use that tone on me!" the person replies.

My eyes widen in shock and I look up and stare into a pair of brown eyes that belongs to one person that I know all too well.

My mother, Janine Hathaway.