Chapter 4

Omfg chapter 4! Jesus christ I don't really know what I'm going to do with this chapter so just bear with me, I'll probably just make it up as I go.

Uta's P.O.V.

I pulled Kaneki through the brightly light street trying not to bump into someone. Unfortunately my efforts were useless as we ran into so many people I could feel even my tough ghoul skin bruising up. I couldn't imagine how much Kaneki was hurting since he was a lot smaller and weaker than I, shielding him with my body I tried to push through the crowd to the exclusive ghoul diner. Finally we managed to reach the diner and I hurriedly pulled Kaneki inside the dimly lit restaurant. We walked up to the counter together and I requested a table for two. After a couple minutes of waiting we were lead into the ghoul section by a young waitress. When we reached the table she handed us our menu and said she'd be bringing coffee shortly before walking away to tend to other customers.
"So Kaneki will you be okay with eating human flesh? I know that you're not to big on it."
"Erm, I think I might try some, I mean I am really hungry."
"Great! Lets decide what we'll eat, yea?"
He nodded and looked down at his menu with a sort of shocked expression.
"What's wrong?"
"Oh um... Well this isn't your average menu..."
"Well we are ghouls after all. I think I'm going to get the eyeball soup, what about you?"
He looked down at his menu once more and after a couple of minutes he seemed to settle on something.
"I guess I'll get the calf steak."
"Excellent choice!"
I looked around and saw the waitress heading towards us with two coffees in her hands. She set them carefully in front of us and pulled a notebook and pencil from her apron pocket.
"Are you ready to order?"
"Yea I'll have the eyeball soup, please"
She turned towards Kaneki with a smile on her face
"And you, sir?"
"Um I'll have the calf steak."
"Alright, I'll be back with your food in a couple of minutes."
She put her notebook and pencil in her pocket before walking away.
"So Kaneki, tell me about yourself."
"Um well I currently go to collage... Um I really like to read and I kinda enjoy writing. What about you? What are your hobbies Uta-chan?
"Hobbies?"
"Yea, things you like to do for fun."
This confused me, things I do for fun? I don't think I've had any hobbies for well, my entire life.
"Well... I make masks?"
"But that's your job. I mean like what do you do that you enjoy and don't get paid for?"
"Oh look! Our foods here, haha I'm starving!"
He gave me a puzzled look before turning to watch the waitress walk towards us holding our food.

Sorry this was so short, I kinda ran out of ideas. I was gonna do a part from Kaneki's point of view but I mean I kinda just narrated the entire date with Uta so I don't what else to really write.