The world will be watching

Hey guys!  I am so sorry for not updating!  But just for a recap, Willow is watching the 74th Hunger Games for the first time. You might want to start reading from the beginning again. Enjoy!

     "I volunteer as tribute!"  My mother shouts as she shoves my aunt behind her.   

     Effie is talking to the mayor, about the rules for a volunteer.

     "What does it matter?"  he says with a sad expression.

     The camera cuts back to my mother and aunt.

     "No, Katniss!  No!  You can't go!"  Prim screams hysterically.

     ""Prim, let go,"  my mother replies harshly.  "Let go!"  I know she is being strong.

       Then a man walks up behind them and grabs Prim off my mothers back.  Gale.

  "Up you go, Catnip." he says

     My mother bravely walks up to the stage, face void of emotion.     Then I see Effie Trinket, wearing bright clothes like she always has when she has come to visit, but I have never seen her wear that much make up.  Effie cheers on.  "Well, bravo!  That's the spirit of the Games!"  then she ask for my mothers name.

     "Katniss Everdeen."

     "Well I bet my buttons that was your sister! Didn't want her to steal all the glory, do we?"

     I know Effie, and while she sometimes she is pretty clueless, I have never seen her this stupid.  My mother volunteered to save my aunts life not for glory.

     Effie continues, "Come on, everybody! Let's give a big round of applause to our newest tribute!"

     But, no one claps but her.  Instead they stay silent.  It says they do don't agree.  They do not condone.  All of this is wrong.  Then, one by one, almost every member in the crowd touches the three middle fingers to their lips, and hold there hand out to my mother.  It means thanks, it means admiration, it means goodbye to someone you love.  And eventually, it will also be a sign for the rebels.

     Then, I see Grandpa staggering across the stage, obviously drunk.  

     "Look at her.  Look at this one!"  he hollers, throwing an arm around my mothers shoulders.  "I like her!  Lots of . . ."  He can't think of the word for a while.  "Spunk!"  He says triumphantly.   A small smirk plays of my lips.  It's a little funny seeing my grandpa talk to my mom in his drunken state.

     "More than you!"  He releases Mom and starts to the front of the stage.  "More than you!"  he shouts pointing straight at us through the camera.  I don't know if he is addressing the audience or he might be so drunk that he could possibly be taunting the Capitol.  I will never know because just as he is opening his mouth to continue, he plummets off the stage and knocks himself unconscious. 

     Some kids start to laugh and it ticks me off.  One of the kids laughing happens to be sitting right next to me, but when I send him a death glare, he stops.  

     Grandpa is carried away by a stretcher and I almost start to worry, but I remind myself this happened a long time ago, and that he is fine.  Effie is attempting to get the ball rolling again.  "What a exciting day!"  she warbles as she attempts to straighten her wig.  They showed the encounter with her and Grandpa, in which he tried to hug her, before the girls names where called.