17. We'll Be: Stars, Moon, and Me (an end.)

"Oh gods, Travis, stop," Katie laughs, holding her arms up and twisting away from his camera. She and Travis are on top of Half Blood Hill and a small bus waits on the road below. Seasons have passed since the beach day, and the two have weathered their inner storms with myriad nights under the stars throughout months together.
   "But I'm just so proud of Miss Katie Gardener, college-accepted extraordinaire!"
   "Dude, you're leaving too — "
   "MY Katie Gardener, —"
   "Hey — "
    "Off to — "
   "STOLL!"   Katie is, for the millionth time, exasperated at her boyfriend for his 'unique' humorous ways. (Not so unique, as Connor remains just about the same. Yet still, Katie thinks, they're very different. After all, she is with Travis). She is about to be half-mad at him (for the millionth time) until he (for the millionth time) puts his hands on her shoulders and brushes a few fingers through the wavy hair escaping from behind her ear.
    "Katie," he says, bending down a bit to meet her apprehensive eyes, "just let me be proud of you for a sec, okay?"
    Katie smiles as he lightly kisses her forehead, knowing that this is a moment that couldn't be ruined by a prank or the worst parts of the past. Only sun-kissed and moon-blessed by the best.
    "Alright. Stars tonight. You're here, I'm there, but together, right?"
   "Ah, don't be so cliche, dear Kate," Travis croons with fake drama.

"But yeah, I'll be there." 

<<<><><><><><><><><><>>>

an end.