1- Framed

Ginny woke in the field behind her house.

The grass was damp with early morning dew. It was still dark outside but there was a shred of sunlight peeking through the tree trunks at the horizon.

And she couldn't move.

Ginny tried to scream but her mouth wouldn't open. She couldn't sit up. Even her breathing felt forced.

She slowly forced her eyes to look to her left. Her brother, Ron, lay there, also unmoving. She wanted to talk to him. She wanted to ask him what was going on. But the words couldn't form in her mouth.

"I see you're awake, Weasley." A boy her age appeared in her field of vision, looking directly at her, and crouching over Ron. She recognized him.

It was Draco Malfoy.

"Surprised?" he grinned.

Anger welled inside her. What right did he have to take her and her brother from their own home? What was he going to do to them?

Ginny felt her head lift up from the ground. Her hands twitched. Then she fell back into her limp position, tired from the small movement.

Draco chuckled. "There's no backing out of this crime, Weasley."

Once again, the anger, the annoyance, the confusion; it supplied Ginny with enough energy to utter, "What are you saying?"

"Oh Ginny, don't you know what you've done?" he replied with mock-sympathy. Then he pointed his wand at her and muttered "Imperio".

The spell was stronger then she'd expected. She sat up, though not of her own free will. She kneeled over her brother.

The shock was so intense that a small sound of despair was able to escape her throat.

Ron looked awful. He was much more pale then he should've been. His eyes had lost their usual light. And she could feel from her hand resting on his arm that he was cold and stiff.

The imperious curse shot back into action. She grabbed a piece of paper which had been placed on the ground next to her. There was also a piece of duct tape which she found on the right knee of her jeans. She taped the paper to Ron's chest and took a pen from where it had been placed on the ground.

And with horror, she was forced to write a message she would never forget.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry," she scrawled multiple times in the terrible red ink.

"I'm so sorry. I had to do it. He knew everything.

-Ginny Weasley."

A real sob escaped her mouth and she was almost able to yell when she said, "You're going to make me kill him?"

Draco looked her straight in the eye. "As far as anyone will know," He dug something out of his pocket. It was Ginny's wand. "You already did." And just like that, he dropped her wand and apparated, along with any sign that he had been there.

The spell was lifted. Just as quickly, Ginny understood. Draco murdered Ron with her wand. He made her write a confession letter. He was framing her for murder.

Desperately, she grabbed for the pen. It was gone. "Accio quill and ink" she said in her mind, summoning the quill and ink she kept in her room. She dipped the quill in the ink and touched it to the paper. "It wasn't me," she would write. "I've been framed. Draco Malfoy did this." But as soon as she'd written the first letter she realized nothing was happening. The paper had been cursed.

A twig crunched back toward the house. Ginny turned in alarm to see Harry standing no more than ten meters away from her.

"Ginny," he said, taking a step towards her. "What are you doing out here?"

Tears welled up in her eyes. She didn't know what to say. It was still impossible to comprehend Ron's lifeless body behind her.

"Ginny, are you are you okay?" Harry was getting closer. "What's Ron doing? What's happening?"

The tears spilled from her eyes, landing sloppily on her fiery hair. "I didn't do it!" she yelled, but nothing came out. This wasn't from the shock. This was another curse. She couldn't talk as long as she was here. She understood. Draco had given her just enough ability to get out of here. He had prevented every easy way of trying to prove herself innocent. He was forcing her away from her home. She was to run away because now she was a murder suspect with all evidence pointing to her.

It was time to go.

Harry had almost reached her when she spun on her heel and apparated away from the scene of the crime. She could hear Harry's scream as if from a distance as she traveled far, far away.

---

Helloooooo! I've been wanting to post something besides short stories but I write slowly so I've been afraid to post an actual story that I have to keep updated. But I decided to post this one! Let me know what you think!

If anyone needs a cover for their story I'd love to make it! I love making covers!