Unusual Behaviors

It was rather unusual for the mute woman to be so down and mopey and the fact that Lexia refused to use her method of a pad of paper and pencil to fill the trio in on what had her so down only dropped the usual aloof and carefree mood that filled Devil May Cry. In fact it was downright driving Dante, Rekka, and even surprisingly Vergil insane not knowing.

Rekka had taken it upon herself to try and cheer her best friend up, much to Dante's chagrin, it was rather interrupting his nap. He had figured if Lexia didn't want to talk about it then there was no point in trying to pry it out of her and decided to do what he did best; sleep. Rekka had thought the same as him, though had taken a different route in trying to get her friend's mind off of it.

So far it wasn't working.

Rekka had done just about everything from mindless chattering (mostly about the most random and asinine things she could come up with. She had even waited through a good five minutes of silence only to randomly state out loud; "This just in - drinking cat piss lets you know you have a gag reflex! Yum, cat piss - BLARGH!") to making a complete ass out of herself.

Lexia had merely sat there, heaving a sigh at each of Rekka's antics to the point where Rekka finally huffed and left, leaving the two in silence. A rough half an hour passed in this way, Dante attempting to sleep but not managing it, wondering what Rekka was up to now. There was no way he'd believe she had just given up, Rekka never gave up.

The door of Devil May Cry opened, allowing Rekka back inside of his shop, tugging along Vergil behind her, who had left early that morning after Lexia had come back in a mood. Vergil looked rather irritated at having Rekka tug him along by the sleeve of his coat and Dante was mildly surprised to see that he was allowing this at all - normally wanting nothing to do with Dante or Rekka, detesting their personalities.

Lexia blinked up dully as the two stopped before her, before Rekka grinned and turned to Vergil silently, pointing at Lexia expectantly. Vergil heaved a sigh, his cheeks dusting a light pink as he moved towards Lexia who's face lit up slightly in curiosity.

Vergil wrapped his arms around the small woman, as she inhaled sharply in surprise at the unexpected hug from the colder man. It was even more surprising that he did so as a request from Rekka to do so to cheer Lexia up. As this happened - Vergil was surprisingly allowing the hug to go on for quick some time - Rekka ran up to Dante tugging at his sleeve urgently.

"What is it? I'm trying to nap." Dante huffed lightly in exasperation at Rekka's antics.

"Shut up and give her a hug!"

Dante's brow raised at this, it was common knowledge that Rekka wasn't a touchy-feely person. According to Lexia it was even a surprise that she randomly came to hug him from time to time.

"Why?" was his only response to this demand.

"Because it'll make Lexi feel better!"

"And...?"

"I'll let you nap in peace today?"

"Deal."

And with that Dante swung his legs off the desk and heaved himself up off of his chair as Vergil pulled away, spinning around on his heels and hurrying out of Devil May Cry in what one would assume was embarrassment for showing such affection. Dante smirked at this, more ammo to taunt Vergil with later when he had time.

Lexia held her cheeks, her face burning beneath her hands. She just knew Rekka and Dante were gonna make fun of her for her modesty later!

Lexia's face burned brighter as Dante sat beside her pulling her into a hug of his own, though this was less heartfelt than Vergil's had been. "Oi, cheer up would ya?" Dante grumbled, a loud yawn following after.

Lexia's gaze caught sight of a grinning Rekka flashing her the thumbs up sign. A smile graced Lexia's own face at this. It shouldn't have surprised her that Rekka would go to such a great length to cheer up Lexia, even despite not knowing what was wrong.