Chapter 2

"Georgia! Georgia Rose! Get down here! There's someone at the door for you!" my mother screamed from the front door. "I'm coming!" i shouted and walked down the stairs. It wasn't much of a surprise when I saw Marcel standing at the front door. He was an hour and a half early. But I expected that, since he's such a nerd. He probably wants to get to learning right away. "yay..." i thought to myself. This day is gonna be quite a memorable one. "Hey, wanna grab a snack in the kitchen before you try to make me smart?" I said to Marcel, and walked down the hallway into the kitchen with him following behind me. "Um sure. As long as its healthy and contains less than 7g of sugar." I opened the fridge door and turned to face him. "You're joking right." I said to him. "Actually, no, i'm not." He said with the high pitch tone that makes you wanna claw your eyes out. "Studies show that it's best to feed your brain healthy foods before studying. They help you focus more and help your brain cells pick up more info-" "okay!" i said. "here, one for you and one for me. is this good enough?" i said handing him a banana. "yes. it's fine. thanks Georgia." he said making that same weird noise from the back of his throat. "okay, lets head up to my room?" i said closing the fridge door and walking past him towards the stairs. "Um, why can't we just do it down here?" he asked me as he pointed to the kitchen table. "oh, my mom is having some clients come over." i said peeling my banana. "but its okay. i think my room is pretty clean so we won't have to worry about a mess." i took a bite out of my banana and started up the stairs. "well, um, it's not that." he said following behind me. "it's just that-i've um- never been in a girls room before." i looked back at him and started to laugh really hard. "well it's just a tutoring lesson. don't worry about anything." i said taking another bite from my banana and lifting up my eyebrows. I opened my room door and gestured for him to walk in. "wow-um, nice, nice room Georgia." he said looking around at this closet I call a bedroom. My room was small and white. It was quite boring really, besides all of the paintings and wall art that i put up to distract people from the mess on the floor. "Um, thanks." i closed the bedroom door and sat down on my bed. He stood in the same spot the whole time. He seemed really nervous and shy. And I have to admit, it was kinda cute. "Hey, come sit." i said patting my bed. "Oh, um, i'm ok with standing." He said clutching his books close to his chest. "Marcel." i said looking up at him. He was really tall and skinny. But I could tell that he had some muscle under that sweater vest and dress shirt. "Its ok. Come and sit." i said taking his hand and pulling him next to me. He sat down across from me and placed his text books down on the bed. "Uh-oh-okay. This isn't that bad." he said playing around with his collar. "But I must say, it's quite hot in here. My collar's chaffing." he said with a cough at the end. And it was then when I noticed the bit of an accent when he spoke. It was cute. And i liked how it came out a bit more when he was comfortable around you. Otherwise his voice was just high and scratchy. Marcel was one tutor that I wouldn't mind getting to know better. "So." I said to him. "Have you ever tried taking off the glasses?" He looked at me like he was getting shy again. "Well, um, no, not really." He said adjusting them on his nose. "I usually just take them off when I sleep. But that-that's it." "Oh, what a shame." I said tapping my fingers on the textbooks. "I really wanted to see what you looked like without them." He started to blush. It was cute. The way his smile drifted to one side only. And the dimple that followed it. And the way his eyes lit up when he was happy. I've got to admit. He was one cute nerd. "I-I think we should um, start with the lesson." He said scrambling through the pile of books. I placed my hand on his face and slowly took the glasses off. "There you go! You're looking sharp Marcel." i could tell he could barely see anything because he kept squinting his eyes at me. But that's when i fully noticed how green his eyes were. I was amazed at how long his eyelashes were. Any girl would kill for those. I handed him back the glasses and he rushed to put them back on. I laughed at how quirky he was. But the fun ended there, because after that the only thing he wanted to do was help me learn algebra. Which is quite boring. But I didn't mind spending time with him. Even if he was the dorkiest kid ever.

We studied for about 3 hours until he said he had to run home and feed his cat. I laughed a the thought of such a wimpy kid feeding an animal. I pictured him running into the bathroom with the cat treats while the cat scratched at the door. I think he knew i was daydreaming because when I was done I noticed him staring at me. When he was focused his eyebrows scrunched up and his eyes got really small. That was another thing about him. With every thing he did, his expression changed and it was really interesting. "Well it was nice tutoring you Georgia Rose." he said stretching his arm out for a handshake. I laughed at how old fashioned he was, but I went alone with it and shook his hand. "yeah, it was pretty cool." My mom walked to us at the front door. "Marcel, why don't you come back again next weekend? You can tutor Georgia every sunday!" I looked at my mom shocked. "Um no its okay.. 3 hours of learning isn't how I want to spend every weekend-" i said before i was cut off. "I would love to!" said Marcel. "Okay then!" my mom said. "It was nice to see you again." She shook his hand. "Same with you." He nodded his head and walked out the door closing it behind him. "Mom!" I shouted. "Are you crazy!" She laughed and walked back into the kitchen. "You're welcome Georgia Rose!" she shouted and continued to laugh at me. "Great." i mumbled and sunk to the floor with my back against the door. Even though i was dreading next sunday, I felt a small smile creep up on my face. "Great."