Chapter 1

"i'll get it mom" i screamed as i ran down the stairs to answer the door. "um h-hi there" said a tall nerdy marketing guy. "i-uh-wanted to come and um-talk to you about-" he said taking out a huge clipboard from under his arm. "um no, we're fine here." i said attempting to close the door. "but- wait!" he sticked his oddly huge foot out in front of the door and walks in. "it's a really good offer and, and, i- um think you should look into it" he said stretching his arm out towards me. "Marcel" he said, and made a weird noise from the back of his throat. "um, i'm uh, Georgie Rose" i said taking is hand and shaking it. "oh great! what a nice name you have there" he said. he kept making these weird faces as if he smelt something horrible and bent is back down a bit when he walked. his voice was high and annoying, and he wore these huge glasses that took up half his face. "well, Georgia Rose, would you like to go over these, 'hip' ideas?" his laugh contained of snorting and wheezing. i didn't know if i should laugh along so i just gestured him into the kitchen. "Georgia sweetie, who was it at the door." my mother said turning around to see me and Marcel standing at the kitchen entrance. "um hi there, I'm Marcel and I'm from Modest! Marketing. its a pleasure to meet you" he said walking around the kitchen table to my mother. "oh, hi." my mom said uncomfortably. "i'm Samantha. but you can just call me Mrs.Rose" she said shaking his hand. "oh great! so Samantha," he said sitting down at the table. my mom made a face at me that basically said "you are in a lot of trouble for bringing this man into our house". "i just wanted to go over uh- a few thing with you. and your daughter if she wanted" he said looking at the both of us. "i'm outta here" i said turning around and leaving the kitchen. "Georgia!" my mother said. "you aren't getting out of this that easy." i sighed and walked back into the kitchen. "So, Marcel. when did you start in this business?" my mother asked him sitting down beside me at the table. "well-uh, i started a few months ago because I'm only 19. but i also do free tutoring lessons. you know, on my spare time" he said making that same gross sound from the back of his throat. "oh, tutoring you say?" my mom turned to look at me. the face she made wasn't a good one. "Georgia is also 19! and she isn't very skilled in algebra. maybe you can help her sometime!" my jaw dropped, but Marcel seemed very excited about it. "oh yes yes! that sounds like a great idea Mrs. Samatha!" "its actually Mrs. Rose, but i-" my mom tried to say before being cut off. "i'll come buy tomorrow at noon!" he got up and led himself to the door. i followed behind him leaving my mom in the kitchen. i opened the door and let him walk outside. "i can't wait to multiply with you!" he said lifting up his glasses and smiling. "um-yeah..same with you.."i turned around and closed the door. "bye Georgia Rose!" i heard him say as the door closed. i walked over to the window and watched him walk down the street. he went by smoothly, except for a few missed steps and a fall from a trip over a rock. all i could think of was how interesting this tutoring session would go…