Actual Sneak Peek for "Why'd You Go?"

I'm watching the anime The Seven Deadly Sins by Netflix mostly because the English audio is actually good and I've cried tears of happiness for the characters on the first episode so uhm yeh idk i guess its a kinda good anime maybe?¿? Now for the new book sneak peak:
These are going to be just two little scenes showing the type of relationship between Michelle and Scarlette (I picked a name!).
"Hi!" Scarlette took her baby pink Hello Kitty brand lunch box and for the first time sat down next to the quiet brunette girl she had been watching for the past week. "What's your name?" Scarlette giggled and tipped her head to the right, waiting for an answer. The girl looked up from the small amount of lunch she had.
"I'm Michelle." She said quietly, making eye contact with the curly blonde five-year-old sitting next to her.
"Okay! I'm Scarlette. I like your name." Scarlette opened up her lunch box and took out her peanut butter sandwich, taking a bite.
"I like your name. I don't like mine." Michelle sighed quickly.
"I'm sorry!" Scarlette placed a hand on Michelle's left shoulder. Michelle flinched, her dark brown hair hanging over her face. "Can I call you something else?"
"A... Nickname?" Michelle cautiously looked at Scarlette.
"Yeah, you can call me something silly too." Scarlette smiled.
"Call me Night. I like that word." Michelle whispered.
"I like that word too. But I like you more." Scarlette went back to eating her sandwich to hide her embarrassment as Michelle smiled genuinely for the first time in three weeks.
*timeskip*
"Stop it!" Michelle screamed. "Stop, stop, st-" but before she could finish a hand covered her mouth.
"You don't want to get hit harder, little girl, trust me." The teenager snickered and slapped her across the face. "That was for screaming." He laughed even louder when a tear streamed down her red cheek. Looking carefully at her already swollen eye, he took his hand off of her mouth and punched her eye as hard as he wanted to. It wasn't very hard, but he still earned a wail from Michelle. "Freak." He let go of her shoulders and ran away, letting her fall onto the cement as she panted.
"MICHELLE!" The brunette heard.
"Scarlette..." Michelle rolled over to the sound of footsteps. "It is you, right?" Scarlette kneeled down to Michelle's eye level, brushing a lock of hair from her bloody, bruised face.
"It's me, Knight." Scarlette gave Michelle a sad smile.
"I told you to stop calling me that, babe." Michelle rolled her eyes and then winced from the simple movement. Scarlette dropped her smile.
"Why would they do this?" Scarlette said quietly, brushing her fingers through her blonde ponytail.
"I deserve it. They're right-" Michelle sat up, not letting Scarlette help. "-I'm a freak."
"No you aren't." Scarlette's few eyebrow hairs furrowed together. "It's the rumours about your family. I love you, Michelle. I hope that one day that's all that matters to you." Scarlette's hands wrapped around Michelle's waist and one girl pulled the other into a hug. Scarlette softly kissed Michelle's nape once.
"I hope so too."
Watch this be a terrible story ahAh