Dealing with the Enemy

Sherlock was typing at his desk in a near-frantic manner when Isabelle came into the living room the next morning. John was on his own laptop as well, neither one of them paying attention the girl right away as she'd gone into the kitchen to pour herself a cup of coffee. Not that she minded, as she was still a bit scattered after the series of events the night before. Isabelle had slept somewhat, but most of the night was spent with her brain replaying the images of what had happened over in her mind. John looked up at Isabelle as she sat in the chair across from him and smiled lightly.

"Is something wrong?" Isabelle asked to neither one of the men in particular.

"Blue suits you, much better than that brown you were wearing before." Sherlock commented, not looking away from his computer and also ignoring her question. John glanced at him oddly as did Isabelle, who then looked down at the blue jumper she had thrown on before coming into the living room.

"...Thank you?" Isabelle waited for him to continue, but John knew that was all he planned to say and filled in for him.

"We were just searching for more regarding the man from last night. Or, Sherlock is. I've been updating the blog."

"You blog, John?" Isabelle asked curiously. A scoff came from across the room.

"I would've expected him to tell you of all people." Sherlock stated, causing Isabelle to look confused and John to look quite annoyed.

"Yes," he replied, looking back to Isabelle and pretending as if Sherlock hadn't commented, "about our cases and such."

"So, you both have a website then." Isabelle concluded just before taking another sip of coffee.

Sherlock's head jerked upward at that. "You know about-"

"Um, 'The Science of Deduction', isn't it?" She shifted in her seat, wondering if she should have just stayed quiet. Sherlock eyed her warily, quickly realizing how she'd known.

Bags under the eyes (obviously concealed with makeup), excessive yawning, tone of voice: of course she couldn't sleep, still mildly in shock from last night's chase. John's computer was in the chair this morning, not on the coffee table where he usually places it. She used it without his knowing last night. Looked up my name and found the website. Probably read for some time before returning it and attempting to sleep. Wary glances toward John, wonders if he knows she took his computer. Clearly he doesn't. She's amused by this. Further proof that John should probably change his password to something a bit more difficult...

"...Yes." Sherlock finally said, turning his attention back to his typing with a peculiar expression.

"So people actually do visit your website, then." John muttered, obviously still frustrated with Sherlock's previous comments. "I'm sure Isabelle was dying to know about two hundred and forty types of tobacco ash."

"Two hundred and forty-three." Sherlock corrected. "We're out of milk, John. Why don't you and Isabelle go for a trip?"

"You don't even drink milk," John protested, "and besides I'm-"

A sudden repetitvie beeping interrupted John's sentence, and he sighed as he looked down at his mobile that rested on the table across from him. He leaned over and picked it up, quickly answering it upon reading the name displayed on the screen.

"Yes, Mycroft?"

Sherlock stiffened, looking up from his computer screen to John.

"Er, no...yes...only for a while...she's a friend, a--no, just a friend." John glanced over at Isabelle from the corner of his eye, then to Sherlock, who huffed in response.