Chapt. 2

[A/N] The first chapter got great reviews, so I'm a little scared to see the reaction to this chapter. it took me awhile to upload cause i wanted to make sure it was good. I hope you like, please scroll to the side, and vote,tweet, as well as like on facebook then scroll up and fan me. Please. Comment at the end of your reading please with an honest oppinion. More comments and votes faster the next chapter. Thanks so much.

Oh and forgot to explain that every chapter i will try to put a song on tthe side that reminds me of that chapter of of Miranda and Gavin in general. I know this weeks isn't the origianl but i love this version more.

***

My text book lay on the floor in front of me, I had a desk but it sat empty in the corner of my room never touched, never used, just there, I prefer the floor. I flipped five pages, I didn’t read or even skim it, my mind was occupied reliving the kiss and trying to understand what had happened. So really I was just keeping my hands occupied.

I sighed.

The ride home had been strange. I pretty much wrecked any perfection in my hair, with all the finger combing. I absolutely despise silence; it’s uncomfortable and super rare in this house, because when Gavin and I are together, there’s ruckus. I got to face the facts though, that car had been dead silent the whole way home. The radio of course doesn’t work since he pissed me off all those years ago and I stuck a fork in it, then when he pulled it out it wrecked it, normally we didn’t care we’d create enough sound with our voices but not today. The air was filled with awkwardness, plain old awkward awkwardness.

I grunted as someone slammed their fist on my door. I picked up the Chemistry textbook and rushed to the door, unlocking it, then opening it and heading towards the queen sized bed that was in the corner opposite the untouched desk, not even bothering to see who it was.

“You know there is such thing as welcoming your guest into your room.” Gavin laughed.

I turned around to see his fingers run through the blonde hair that was now neat and tidy on his head, unlike mine, but I didn’t respond to him, only took a seat on the red blanket that covered my bed.

“Okay, no need to make a snarky comment after that one.” The boy mumbled then straightened up and continued, “Rick, Justin and Teah, are coming over to watch a movie, in five so you better get ready.”

My eyes widened, I looked like crap; if they saw me like this I would never live it down. Then I realized, the boy who about an hour ago had kissed me, was now acting like nothing was wrong, well what in god’s name is wrong with him. I suppressed a groan, as I stood up and once again brushed my fingers through my messy ringlets.

“How the hell do you do this Gavin?” I shouted.

“Huh, do what,” He asked, confusion clouded his voice.

“One second, were Gavin and Miranda best friends the next you’re kissing me and then the next you’re acting like it’s all good and were Gavin and Miranda again best friends.” My voice had calmed down but still held a commanding angry tone.

His body tensed, and as I took a step towards him he nudged himself into the wall.

“We are, aren’t we; the word that comes after is forever, best friends forever.” The colour of his eyes deepened, “Plus Miranda, were Best Friends were not lovers, I was just trying to prove a point you don’t know me as well as you’d like to think.”

“So you kissed me Gavin, come on really, how does that not imply anything, I don’t love you, or have feelings for you, and I thought you felt the same, we’re just friend.” I glared.