1. heartbreak & chill

It was almost a normal Friday night.

A normal Friday night for Charlotte Hansen, that is. Ideally, it would consist of netflix and cozy blankets. She would take an unhealthy amount of food up to her room, change into her comfiest sweatpants, throw on a giant hoodie, and relax after a long week. She'd eventually fall asleep next to her computer, with food crumbs stuck in her hair. 

Unfortunately, Charlotte's Friday night lacked all of those things. 

Just as she had pulled the over-sized hoodie over her head, Charlotte's doorbell rang. She sighed heavily, knowing her parents would probably make her get it. Maybe just this once they'd make her sister get it instead, Charlotte hoped as she pulled her blankets on top of her. 

"Charlotte! Could you get the door?"

Seriously?

"Okay!" She yelled back at her mother. Stripping off her warm blankets, she hopped out of bed and went downstairs.Whoever this is, it'd better be important, Charlotte thought as she unlocked her front door and swung it open.

Apparently it was important.

Standing on her front porch was Charlotte's best friend since second grade, Lily Morris. And by the way she was sobbing uncontrollably, Charlotte knew something had gone horribly wrong. Lily stared at Charotte, opened her mouth to say something, and then started crying even harder. 

Maybe I shouldn't have opened the door.

She lead Lily inside and up into her room, shushing her parents when they tried to ask what was wrong. It was best to let Lily cry for a little before asking her what was wrong. So when they got into Charlotte's room, Lily fell face-first into the bed and sobbed into the blankets. Charlotte sat next to her and waited for her to let it out. Once her best friend had composed herself a bit, she sat up, fixing her pale blonde hair and wiping her face with her hand. 

"So... you wanna talk about it?" Charlotte asked tentatively, knowing Lily could burst into tears at any second.

Lily looked at her and her eyes started to water up.

Oh no.

"J-Jesse cheated on me." She stuttered, "I saw him making out with Emma Lancaster, and then he told me that he liked her all along and he didn't think we were that serious even though he got us promise rings and he told me he loved me except then he told me it was a lie because he felt bad for me and Emma Lancaster isn't even that pretty and Jesse cheated on me!" Lily wailed as she started to sob again.

"Wait what?" Charlotte sat there, trying to process the information. Jesse cheated on Lily? Well, that wasn't exactly out of character for him. Charlotte never liked Lily's boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend in this case. She always thought he was a selfish jerk that didn't care about anyone else. He was always checking out other girls and sometimes Charlotte even caught him flirting with other girls when Lily wasn't there. He didn't care about Lily at all, and probably only dated her because she was pretty. Charlotte tried to tell Lily he was a total idiot, but she wouldn't believe her. In Lily's eyes, Jesse was perfect.

Well I guess she isn't thinking that anymore, Charlotte thought as she watched her best friend cry over that jerk. She pulled Lily in for a hug.

"Hey it's okay, boys are stupid." She tried to console her best friend.

"But Jesse wasn't stupid. He was perfect. Until he cheated on me." Lily sighed into her friend's shoulder.

"I told you Jesse was an idiot."

"Yeah I guess I should've listened to you, Char." Lily wiped her nose with her wrist.

"Hey don't be sad. Let's rant about stuff that makes us angry." Charlotte suggested, knowing that her best friend loved to rant about things. She knew it would be a good way to blow off steam.

"Well I'll tell you one thing that makes me angry: boys. I mean in every book, movie, and tv show, boys are glorified. They always make the boys so nice and sweet and caring. But guess what? Boys aren't like that at all. They suck. They rip your heart out and move right onto the next girl."

Charlotte nodded in agreement. "They're pigs."

"Yeah! And how many boys have screwed us over in the past? Remember that guy who spread a rumor about Anna just because she didn't want to have sex with him? Or that guy who strung Reagan along for months just because he wanted to get with her sister? Man, I wish I could get back at the stupid boys that we've cried over."Lily ranted.

"Boys are overrated, revenge is way more fun." Charlotte laughed.

Then it clicked, like the pieces of a puzzle coming together. Charlotte stood up and looked at her best friend, a smile slowly spreading across her face.

"What if we could get back at all those stupid boys, Lily?"

Lily frowned, looking up at her. "Uh, what?"

"Think about it. All the boys that have ever wronged us. All the nights we've spent crying over these jerks. We could finally get our revenge, and put them in their place."

Lily slowly stood up. "Get back at all the boys that have screwed us over? How?"

Charlotte walked over to her dresser, opening the drawer and pulling out all the black clothes she owned. "Clean yourself up and put on something black." She told her best friend.

"Charlotte, what are you doing?"

Charlotte looked over at Lily, grinning as she pulled her hair into a ponytail.

"We are organizing a boycott."

Maybe this was better than a normal Friday night.