The Power of Resolution

Hey guys! Sooooo You Had Me At Hello is back! I've been on a 2 year hiatus because quite frankly no one was reading. Haha. But now I see people are and it has given me the motivation to continue the story. Now since a long time has passed, my writing style has changed a bit, but don't fret. My character still have all their spunk and quirkiness. I dedicate this chapter to all my new fans who gave me the drive to write again. Enough of my rambling, heres the next chapter. (:

I rose my hand to my mouth. Did I really just see that? “Oh God, not again. It can’t happen again,” I whispered to myself. Lifting myself off the door, I slowly made my way up the stairs to my room.

All the thoughts about my mother that I’ve repressed for years came back at once. I tried to keep them at bay, but the memories were too strong. This couldn’t happen again. I couldn’t have someone else’s death on my hands. Especially not Jake. I knew I was making a big choice that would change my life, but I didn’t imagine this disaster. ‘That’s it. I can’t let this go any further. I have to end this for real this time’, I vowed to myself.

With this thought thoroughly etched into my head, I went into another dreamless sleep.

That Sunday, I continued to burn the thought of being friendless into my head. To build back up my wall that I foolishly let down in the first place. Even though it felt nice to have someone to talk to, it wasn’t worth risking their life over.

Apparently some part of me saw this going horribly wrong and didn’t give him my number so there was no way of him contacting me except at school.

Unless…..

Ding Dong!

I groaned aloud. I didn’t think that through enough. He knows where I live of course he can pop up at any time. But the wound was too fresh. There was no way I could keep this up if I saw him this soon. I’m gonna need reinforcements to make sure I don’t screw this up more than I already have. And that means I have to go to the only other person here right now.

Clarrissa.

I groaned again. There was no way in hell she was helping me. Not after all the name calling and shit I put her through. But still, I gotta try.  

I made my way downstairs and peeped around the corner into the living room. She was sitting there in all her preteen glory glued to the tv. I looked to see what was on and saw that she was watching 16 & Pregnant. We really need to censor the tv. There was no way in hell I was gonna let that disaster fall upon my sister no matter how much she annoyed me.

I cleared my throat to announce my presence in the room. She turned to look at the commotion and once her eyes landed on me they turned to slits.

“Go answer the door already. That boy won’t stop ringing it,” she snapped at me.

‘Don’t sock her in the nose. Remember, we need her right now,’ I thought to myself before I let my anger get the best of me.

“See that’s kind of a problem,” I started out. “I REALLY don’t want to see him right now. I was hoping you might tell him I’m not here?”

She gave me a bored expression.

“What do I get out of it?” she asked.

“The satisfaction of helping out the sister you love and adore so much?” I tried.

“Try Again.”

“Fine,” I huffed. “Fifty bucks and I’ll do your chores for the week.”

“Wow. You really don’t want to see him. Ok I’ll help you this time, but I expect my money tomorrow.”

Damn my sister plays no games when it comes to money. Good girl.