Becoming Human?

HiHi!! Sorry for the long wait. I was so busy with finals and trying to get stuff done the first few weeks of summer that i had NO time to upload. :( Heres the next chapter but its kinda short. Sorry! I'm trying to work on getting chapters past the FIRST page but its so hard!! Anyway since its so short I will try to upload sooner. Oh and I can't forget to thank Lotuflowers for my awesome book cover! This chapter is dedicated to her. :) anyway enough rammbling! On with the chapter!!

--------------------------------------------------------

I walked up Jake’s driveway and just gaped at his house. It was Huge! It was two stories and had the aura of richness around it, well if richness had an aura. I started up the stairs to his front door.

 “Maybe this wasn’t my best idea,” I thought aloud.     

Before I had a chance to make a break for it, the front door opened. Before me stood a beautiful brunette with a thousand watt smile. I stood there staring at her like a deer caught in headlights until her giggle snapped me out of it.

“Hello. Can I help you?” she asked kindly.

“H-Hi. I’m Alice. I go to school with Jake and I came to bring the work that he missed,” I barely managed to stutter out.

Her smile grew wider, if that was even possible.

 “Oh so you’re Alice. Jake talked about you. Come in, come in! It must be freezing out there. You can go on up. His room is the last door on the left.”

I mumbled thanks and made my way up the stairs. The house looked even bigger on the inside. All the walls were covered with family pictures. A lot of them were of Jake though. It was completely different from my home. There were no pictures on the walls, because all of them had my mom in them and my dad said they reminded him of things he wanted to forget. Shit, I did it again! Why do I keep thinking about her? This is starting to freak me out. I had to get my mind off of her.

 What was it that that lady said. Jake talked about me? But we only talked for like ten minutes at most. There was nothing to talk to her about.    

 I was having another internal debate, when I reached his door.  It was painted blue, a drastic change from the all white hallway. I took a deep breath before I knocked on the door twice. When I didn’t get an answer, I cracked it open a bit.

 What? I take silence as an invitation, sue me.

I opened the door a bit more and was shocked to see it was quite dark in the room. Moody much?

 I let my eyes adjust to the darkness and saw that the room was big like the rest of the house. I looked towards the bed in the corner and saw a lump on it and a mop of brown hair peeking out of the covers.

Looking around, I saw a chair in the corner and pulled it up to the bed and inspected the ‘patient’.  I moved his hair out of his face, careful not to make any skin contact. He looked terrible. I felt something in my stomach, and it didn’t feel good. For the second time today since the incident, I felt guilt. I didn’t like it.

 “Holy shit. Am I becoming human?” I muttered.

 The covers moved and I got a better view of his face. He was sweating hard and gasping for air. My breath caught and my heart clenched at the sight. I wanted to reach out and touch him, but then he mumbled one word,

“Alice.”

 I snapped out of the haze I was in and mentally slapped myself.

“What are you doing?” I whispered to myself.

“You know what happens when you get close to people. Bad things happen.  What is your motto? ‘Don’t get close to anyone. You won’t hurt them and they can’t hurt you’,” I said aloud.

I repeated this to myself until my wall was completely rebuilt and I was back to my uncaring self. It was better this way. It was right this way.

I quickly left the room and went home.

--------------------------------------------------------

Again i apologize for it being so short!  But i promise to upload sooner. :) Anyway Comment! Vote! loves and hugs!