"Hi, My Name Is Blair."

I finally return home after shopping for awhile and decided to pick up a little black dress for the special occasion tomorrow. As I'm opening the front door to my apartment I notice the window in my small living space was cracked open. My curtains were flowing from the wind going in and out through my home. At this moment my heart began to race. "Hello? Anyone in here? Don't make me call the cops!", I run over to grab the metal baseball bat I have in my little closer under the stairs. "I have a bat and I'm not afraid to use it!." I'm walking around my house with a metal bat that is slightly too heavy for me so it's slumping in my arms. I hear footsteps coming from behind me and- "Shhhh!", he covers my mouth with his hand and turns me around to where my back is against the wall. I drop the bat and it makes a loud obnoxious *dink* on my hardwood floor. I'm screaming from the terror he had just put me through but his hand muffles my cussing and yelling. Trying to grab his hand and yank it away from my mouth he finally let go. "What the hell are you doing here? In my house? Without being invited in!?", I manage to yell at him. "I'm sorry I was just trying to get away from the massive mob of paparazzi's." "Wait wh-", he manages to cut me off and finish his sentence. "Before you think about going on a date with me there's one thing you should know." I squint my eyes at him, confused as can be, but I began to understand. "Your famous aren't you?", I mutter "But why haven't I heard of you?" He begins to relax like a huge weight began to fall off his shoulder and he lets out a long breath. "Well I'm only really famous in Europe and French speaking countries, not many Americans even know I exist." I didn't really know what to say but I spoke up, "I'm guessing you're an actor?." He busts out laughing while I'm standing in front of him about eye level with his chest, probably lower. "No, I'm a singer and musician."
          I manage to get away from the barricade he had put me in between him and the wall. I began to walk over to my couch in my living area and motion him to come over. We sit and I completely freak out, "Oh my! I completely forgot! My name is Blair nice to meet you and you're-", he interrupts me, "Paul. Paul Van Haver." He slowly comes to my face and looks like he's gonna kiss me and quickly kisses my right and left cheek. I hesitate doing the same because it's obviously not common for us to do this here. The only time I ever did this was with my grandma every time I visited her little cottage in New Jersey.
         He backs his face away and scans my comfy room and notices the bag I have in my hand containing my dress. A wry smile begins to form on his face and I began to realize what he was thinking. "Oh no this is actually for a party I'm going to with my friends." I can feel my face turn bright red as it always does when I try to lie. He lets out a small laugh but tries to cover it with a cough. "Oh okay, whoever gets to see you in that dress is one lucky man or women.", he says with a shy look on his face which made the butterflies absolutely turn in my stomach. I couldn't take it anymore, I met this man in one day and I already want to do the dirtiest things possible to him. "Haha yeah, I guess so", I choke on my words but finally was able to get them out. He checks his watch, "I'm so sorry for holding you up for 1 hour I didn't think it would go like this and last this long I was just trying to get away from those vultures of people and I accidentally intruded on your home an-", I cut him off with a laugh "It's okay Paul! I really enjoyed this actually, and hey, at least you now know my name for the date tomorrow."
          We both laugh it off and get off the couch. We begin to walk to the door and his hand hovers over the door knob for a second. "This was really great," I didn't know he was speaking to me at first because he was still facing the door but I soon realized it. He turns around ever so quickly and cups my face with his warm hands and our lips meet. It was soft and gentle as my hands lay on his arms as we stand there kissing. Our lips part and we hover in front of each others faces for a second before I open my eyes and he opens his. We stare into each others eyes for what seems like eternity. We soon part our bodies from the inches that were only separating us from them meeting. He then opens the door and lets out a quiet, "Goodbye Blair." I wave at him with slight grin on my face as he closes the door and walks to his car that was apparently parked a couple blocks down.
          I throw my back to the door and cover my mouth with my hands and my grin was bigger than ever. My fingers graze my lip where he was staring at for the longest time while we are talking. I couldn't get that image out of my head. I close my eyes a let out a slight giggle of joy. Then hesitantly opening them and making my way up the stairs to my room. I walk in and change into my grey sweatpants and an old Ohio State Football t-shirt. I couldn't believe what had just happened but all I could remember was that it felt right to have him in my life. No matter if he was famous or not, I knew I loved him from the first time I laid eyes on him this morning. I go under my covers and drift off into a never ending sleep with a smile pasted on my face.