Chapter Seventeen

Melody POV

I could hear my family members voices around me as I started to become conscious again. Renesmee gripped my ice cold hand in her burning hot hands, giving me immediate comfort.

Then I realized how much pain I was in.

"Ow." I grumbled, my voice hoarse from the tube Grandpa had had stuck down my throat.

"Melody?!" Renesmee cried. Grampa poked and prodded me, took some tubes and wires out of me, and brought the bed upright.

"Melody, open your eyes." He told me.

As soon as I opened them I was swarmed.

Renesmee was right beside me, still gripping my hand. Mom and Dad pushed to wrap themselves around Renesmee and I. Grandma and Grandpa both laid a hand on me in worry. Everyone's thoughts buzzed with worry and concern. It was all so overwhelming I think I started hyperventilating.

"Stand back everyone, give her some air." Dad picked up on my thoughts.

"You. Stay." I croaked, gripping onto Renesmees hand tighter.

"I won't leave." She smiled sadly at me. "I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." Tears sprang to her eyes.

"No! It's not your fault! It's Jacobs. He better hope he never lets me get ahold of him." I grumbled, shocked but somehow still not surprised my sweet sister would blame herself.

"You don't have to think about him anymore. I ended our relationship." She sniffed.

"What?" I gasped.

"Do you honestly think I would stay with my controlling and overprotective boyfriend after he tried to kill my twin sister?!" She exclaimed, making me aware of a migraine I had brewing intensely behind my eyelids.

"I just thought...you know since you're his imprint..."

"I always have had a choice." She smirked defiantly.

I went to hug her, but pain radiated through my throat and chest, causing me to scream.

"It's okay, it's okay." Grandpa shushed my screams of torture and injected something into my IV. Cold medication spread through my veins, quickly numbing my body.

"Your injuries are very severe. You had cuts filled with wood, glass, and dirt from when Jacob threw you, several broken ribs from the two story drop, a severe concussion, your leg was barely still attached, and the tendons in your neck were shredded." Grandpa explained.

"So, were you able to fix me?"

"Yes, miraculously. Your cuts healed themselves after I cleaned them, I tapped your ribs, you slept your concussion off, your leg took a lot of work, and thanks to help from your dad, we were able to repair most of your neck."

"Should I be aware of any lasting effects?" I asked.

"Well, you may have migraines for awhile from your concussion and you may have to build back up strength in your leg..."

"Tell me about my neck. I know there's something wrong with it. You keep thinking 'don't tell her yet.' and that's concerning me." I demanded.

"Fine." He sighed. "Melody, your neck will feel very tight, your tendons are stretched. But they should relax after awhile. Melody, sweetheart, you have some very extensive scarring." He smiled sadly and handed me a mirror.