Chapter 17

<Lucy POV>

"It never occurred to me that Pattie Bitch would fess up."

I blurt out.

George chuckles. "She's just jealous. And besides ye have nothin' to worry 'bout. The boys and me will take care 'o everythin'." I smile.

"Lucy!!!!" A shrill scream cries. I look in front of me. A car. I try to run but it's like my feet are planted on the ground. "Oh shi-" a flash of light goes off.

I open my eyes and I see that I'm sitting in an all white room. "Hello Lucy." A voice says. I look around. "George?" I say. A woman walks in.

"George isn't here darling. It's time that you go back." She says. "Go where?" I question, fearing the worst.

"Home. Your world is now in 2020 and you are 26. You'll meet up with George one day." The voice drifts away. "Noooo!!!! George!!!" I scream. There's another flash of light.

I open my eyes again to see I'm in a church..... Getting married?! "Ahem, Miss. Jordyn do you take Mr. Devin as your awfully wedded husband?"

I look at the man infront of me. He's pretty handsome, but he's not my George. 'Just say yes Lucy' a voice inside my head says. 'No. I can't '

'For me? I never knew this was gonna happen anyways too.' 'George?' 'Yes love' I sigh.

"Yes." My voice cracks. People 'awwww' because they think I'm crying tears of joy. I could almost hear in my head George's heart breaking.

"You may now kiss the bride." I look at the man who is to be my husband.

Our lips touch. No sparks, no fireworks,nothing. We let go and I fake smile for everyone. My parents are probably smiling down from heaven, with my brother and sisters.

We get into the limo, probably heading to the reception. "How does it feel to be Mrs. Devin now babe?" My husband asks. "Great." I say. I turn my head, hiding my tears. "George." I sigh to myself.

<George PoV

Back in 1964>

She had completely vanished, vaporized right before my eyes. I run to my flat. I burst through the door. "SHE'S GONE!" I wail. I drop into a heap on the floor.

The boys scramble to me. "Who's gone?" "Lucy?" "What?!" "Lucy. She was 'bout to be hit by a car and then she disappeared in a flash of light." I cry.

"Good." A voice snickers. "Pattie." I growl. A low growl escapes my chest. "We can be together again." She purrs. I cringe my nose. "With ye??! Ye have got to be jokin'." I say.

~1965~

"I love you

I love you

I love you

I need you

I need you

I need you.

Michelle my belle." Paul sings. It's a beautiful song but its agony to my ears. "Hey I have an Idear, why don't we write somethin' that's not 'bout love?!" I screech.

"George, calm down!" Paul yells. Tears brim in my eyes. "Not until I get my Lucy back!"