Chapter 37

There was so much going on through my head at the moment, I didn't even realize we were already home until my dad shook me, startling me from my thoughts.

"Are you ok?" he quietly asked me and I nodded mutely. I got out and ran inside, not even bothering to say anything to my mom as she stood up from the couch. Once inside my room, I quickly changed into my pjs and slumped down on my bed.

What just happened? What in the world did I just go through?

The heel that I had thrown on the floor caught my attention and I slowly stood up and grabbed it. I spun it in my hands before walking over to my closet and grabbed the other match.

So many memories with these shoes. And none that I really liked. I scrunched up my nose, chucked them back with all my other shoes and slumped back down in bed.

Gaaahhhhhh! What was happening to me!!!

The knock on my door startled me and I cleared my throat before speaking up. "Come in." My mom slowly walked in and I smiled at her. "Sorry about earlier. I just needed some space to think of what just happened."

"Do you want to talk about it? Have another girls point of view?"

So for the next ten minutes, I gave her a simpler version of what happened. She was quiet the entire time I spoke and when I finally finished, she just nodded her head and said, "Uh huh."

"That's all you have to say?"

"Well what do you want me to say? Everything I have said has gotten you in this mess!"

"What are you talking about?"

"If I hadn't bothered you two to start dating, this would have never happened!" she cried and I threw the pillow I was holding to the floor to hug her instead.

"Mom, no. This was never your fault. You were just being a mom and seeing something we both were too blind to see. Even if you hadn't said anything, this would have eventually happened, but it could have probably been worse. Don't blame yourself mom because it isn't your fault."

"Are you girls alright in there?" my dad asked from the closed door.

"We're fine. Go back to bed dear. I'll be there in a second." She then looked at me and sighed. "Do you really want my opinion, even though you probably won't like it?" Knowing her, I already knew what she was thinking, but I needed her to say it. So I nodded and she rubbed my cheek before speaking. "You should give him another chance. At least be friends with him. He did all of this for you and he even explained what he did. He backed out of it way before you two got into a relationship so whatever you two felt at that time was real. Don't let his mistakes cost you your happiness honey. Yeah your happiness may be with him, but he did do something to try and make up for it. He's a good boy Claire and he deserves a second chance."

"Well third," I corrected her with a giggle.

"Huh?"

"Something else happened that I don't want to go through. So should I really forgive him?"

"Yeah. I think so. Not just because he is a fine looking boy-"

"HEY! I HEARD THAT!"

"DAD! THIS IS A PRIVATE CONVERSATION!!" Once his steps left, we both laughed and she continued.

"Where was I? Oh right. Like I was saying, not because he is good looking, but because he has a good heart. He didn't mean to hurt you and after he did, he respected your boundaries and didn't go after you like some crazy person. I think he really likes you Claire..... And I know you still like him too."