Chapter 26

As my butt began to regain its blood flow from sitting on it too long, I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I actually felt pretty. My black dress was loose enough for me to breathe, but it hugged my upper body heavenly. The gown itself was simple, but gorgeous: strapless and black with silver diamonds. The diamonds covered the top half of the dress and then slowly separated out until it was just sprinkled all around the bottom. I though of falling snow when I first saw my mom holding it and when I saw the mask a few shelves away, I knew that was the dress for me.

I couldn't help but to twirl and giggle as my mom took pictures of the completed ensemble. My hair was lightly curled and a few strands were pulled up with a diamond clip. My make up wasn't over the top since I would be wearing the mask most of the time, but when I wouldn't be wearing it, the smoky eye shadow would be showing, going well with the dress.

My father grabbed my hands in the middle of a twirl and began to dance with me, making me laugh as he twirled me around expertly. "You look amazing. I might have to buy a ticket myself just so I can protect you from all of those boys who will want to touch you," he whispered and I laughed. I kissed his cheek and turned around to face my mother.

"Thanks mom. For everything."

She pulled me into a hug and breathed, "Don't mention it honey. Just have fun and come back before midnight."

"Why? Because my dress will turn into rags and my car will turn into a pumpkin?" Yeah. I was meeting Nathan there. We wanted to surprise each other with the big reveal, so we decided to meet at the mansion it was being hosted at. I was suppose to text him once I got there.

We all laughed and I took a last peek at myself before taking a deep breath and turned to face them.

"Remember, midnight," she repeated and I rolled my eyes. I gave them another quick hug and a peck on the cheek before grabbing my clutch and mask and walked out the door, feeling butterflies in my stomach.

*

After parking my dads car (mine wouldn't start) and then re-attaching my heels -since I had learned that his car could not be driven in 4 inch heels- I took a quick peek at my mirror and readjusted my hair right before slipping the mask. When I had gotten close to the mansion, I saw a mile long line of cars, waiting to find a parking spot or for the available valet -yes they had one- to park it for them. I immediately told myself no and parked right across the street on the public park parking lot were a couple of students who brought their car seemed to park as well.

As I ran across the street as fast as I could in my heels while holding up my dress, I heard my phone beep and I stopped to pull it out of my clutch.

Prince Charming the screen read and I laughed at Nathan's contact name. Once we started to go out, he had managed to get my phone -again- and changed his name to Prince Charming. He changed mine to Cinderella and he joked that on prom day, I would leave him a shoe, which he would then spray with cologne or something because they would stink of sweat, and then he would go all over the school, looking for me so I could try it on.

Stupid fool right?

Cinderella is attending the ball, right?

Maybe. Her fairy godmother never showed up so she's still in rags

Rags or not, she will still be the most beautiful girl in here.

I almost didn't respond. But after a few seconds, my fingers flew across the screen.

How do you know? You won't even recognize her

I'm Prince Charming. I know my Cinderella from heart