(3) Arden's Red Velvet Cake with River

dedicated to melody cause she's always been supportive and S U P E R nice! she's awesome, honetly.

check out her story, lawless and flawless, cause i'll be reading it real soon! it looks amazing, you guys!

banner made by flawed_!

///////////////

"I can't believe, Arden! You've never gotten in trouble like this before!" Dad's voice is blaring; so loud, it's practically stinging my ears. "What has happened to you? Why are you going out with this boy?" Suddenly, the blood drains from his face. "Are you pregnant?" Horror consumes his eyes.

Hastily, I correct him, rolling my eyes, "I'm not pregnant, dad. We're not even dating, for God's sake! Please don't overreact!"

"You're right, you're right. I'm overreacting." He sits back down on his bed as I gaze longingly at the door. I really just want to go to my room right now.

Abruptly, and frankly scaring the crap out of me, dad jumps to his feet. "No! I'm not bloody overreacting! You were in jail!" Ah, you see, dad's not used to be getting in trouble, so he has no clue how to react to this. "And you lied to me about going out for lunch! Not to mention that I had to find out from overhearing the staff and confirming what happened with the hotel owner!"

"Dad, I was not arrested! I was waiting for my ride! And I didn't lie; River did."

"No; stop making excuses! What you did was completely irresponsible, and if the car you stole wasn't his father's, then you would have gotten arrested. You didn't know it was his father's, either, so you completely dismissed the consequences!" I sink lower in my seat, Dad's hot glare making me want to shrink. Then, my sunburnt shoulders touch the seat, and I cringe.

"I just want to know one thing: why did you do it?" I consider what he asked. I did it for excitement, for the thrill that charged through me, for the adrenaline rush. I did it because it was something new and exciting and adventurous.

"Arden?" dad's voice cuts my thoughts.

"Um." I hesitate, I obviously couldn't tell him that. "I did it because I wanted to, dad. I really wanted to."

That seems to have angered dad. "Hmmm, really? And what else might I except you will want in the future, Indiana Jones?"

I scowl. "Nothing, dad," I murmur.

"Good, I also except you to stop chilling with this boy. And you're also grounded." Chilling? Did dad really just say chilling? That's-

Wait! Did he just say what I think he just said? It's not even about River, because I was annoyed with him and didn't really plan on speaking with him again. But, Dad was being unfair. I did one mistake and now he was grounding me?

"But Dad-"

"No buts, Arden."

"This is so unfair!" I sneer at him before storming out of the room. Did I really just say that? I flinch; I sounded like a complete spoiled brat! I'll apologize tonight, I decide.

Due to my highly sensitive burns, I stay in bed all day. Or, at least, that's my excuse. River doesn't come to my room, (which, by the way, how did he know was my room? Stalker alert, oh yeah his father owned the hotel, but still) and I don't go looking for him. No guy is worth irritating my burns. Not even a guy with model looks and sexy abs.

Afternoon, my stomach starts making these very attractive grumbles, so I decide to down to the kitchen in my jeans and thin sweater. I guess going to the kitchen isn't part of the grounding, right? A girl has her food needs!