Chapter Nineteen

/////Sam's POV\\\\\ 

Aang was shaving his already bald head, Sokka was shaving his stubble, and Katara was fixing her hair. Toph was still in her room, and I was lounging around in the main room, too lazy to do anything with myself. 

"Sam, are you going to do anything to yourself?" Katara asked, walking up to me. 

"I'm dressed, and my face is washed," I replied, smiling. "I'll probably braid my hair later, but that's it, yeah." 

She rolled her eyes, and pulled Toph out from behind the door. My eyes widened at the young earthbender, with her hair standing straight up, and covered in dirt. "Toph and I are going out for a girl's day," Katara informed me. "You wanna come?" 

"Are the boys going out too?" I asked, biting my lip. 

Katara shrugged. "I'm not really sure. You'd have to ask them." 

I looked out the window, and smiled softly. "You know what? I think I'll just stick around here. Explore a bit." I looked back at Katara, and my smile widened. "How often do I get the chance to explore a different world's major city?" 

She chuckled at me, before nodding and pulling Toph out the door. 

It wasn't too long later, when Aang came bounding through the door. 

"And where are you going, little dude?" I called, raising an eyebrow. 

"I'm going to go searching for Appa," he said, not even turning to look at me. 

I sighed. "You know, I used to lose things all the time. The more I looked, the more impossible it seemed." 

"What are you saying?" he asked, turning to give me a questionable look. 

"Just try to rest today," I urged, smiling. "Go sight seeing, play soccer, get into trouble. Just don't worry that bald head of yours, kay?" 

He smiled at me, and started to walk out the door, but stopped. "Sam?" 

"Hm?" I hummed, and started to fishtail my hair. 

"What's soccer?" 

I laughed at his clueless face. "I'll show you sometime. Promise." 

He smiled again, before bounding out the door. 

"Sokka?" I called, and started walking down the hall. I knocked on his door, and since I got no reply, I walked in. 

He was standing in front of the mirror, and didn't seem to notice me. He was flexing in the reflective glass, and I couldn't help the giggle that escaped me. He jumped, and spun around, waving his boomerang wildly. 

"Hey Macho Man, I'm going out, kay?" I told him, smirking. 

"Where're you going?" he asked. 

"Just going to explore. I heard about a new tea shop the other day, and wanted to check it out." He looked at me weirdly, but I rolled my eyes. "If you aren't doing anything, you should practice writing. Katara's getting ahead of you." I winked, before walking out the door. 

"Katara's ahead of you," I heard him mock, and I laughed, before grabbing a bit of money from one of our pouches, and walking out the door. 

I hadn't had decent tea since I had last seen Zuko and Iroh, and I was hoping that the tea shop was as good as everyone was saying. It was in the second ring, so I had to walk a little ways to get there. It was really hot out, so I took one of my fans, and waved it in front of my face. 

The shop was small, but had a nice, homey charm to it. The only decor out front was two green lanterns on each side of the door, and a sign that I couldn't read, but it didn't need anything else. I eagerly stepped inside, and looked around to see only a few people sitting around.