Chapter Four

"You are very talented in Charms." Salazar said, nodding at Harry.

Harry grinned. "Thanks. I get it from my mum."

"She was a very smart witch then." Salazar said.

"She was." Harry agreed.

"How are you in silent casting?" Salazar asked.

"Haven't tried it yet." Harry admitted.

"It takes a great deal of mental control. I suggest learning Occlumency first." Salazar said.

Harry blinked. "I've tried that. Snape taught me. It seemed like he was just destroying any mental shields I had though."

Salazar frowned. "Do you dislike him?"

"Hate him." Harry agreed. "Hates me too."

"There's your problem. You have to be taught by someone you trust, and are comfortable in the presence of. If you agree, I can teach you." Salazar explained.

"Sure." Harry said. "I think that would be great."

"We will work on that then." Salazar conjured a chair. "Sit." Harry did so. "Close your eyes. Imagine somewhere you feel safe. Do you have it? Good. In that area, there should be memories and thoughts floating around. Memories first. Take them, make them into something that fits the area and wouldn't seem out of place. Leaves, picture frames, anything."

Harry thought of the meeting room, and took his memories, setting them up as pictures of the people they were memories of. Times of he and Hermione laughing with Ron had the three of them, he and Hermione together were pictures of them, etc.

"When you finish the memories, take the thoughts next. Make them something else. Create fake thoughts, that are completely opposite of your real ones. Make some small thing on each. One mark to tell you and only you that they are fake, and one to say they are real."

Harry made his thoughts posters with the thoughts written down. He put a miniscule Dark Mark in the left bottom corner of each fake one, and a tiny phoenix in the right bottom corner of the real ones.

"Now, defenses. Make sure there is no way anyone can get in without your knowledge. Make traps, so if one triggers it they are stuck. Be sure to create defenses only you can get by. No use in blocking yourself from your own mind."

Harry locked all the doors from the inside. Outside, they had hidden trapdoors. They looked like the floor, but if you stepped on it, you'd fall into cells in a dungeon. There was a giant chain-link fence, and if you touched it you'd be electrocuted. Barbed wire was interwoven with the metal, so you'd be constantly electrocuted and poked rather painfully. He also had a copy of his Animagus form, the panther, stalking around, ready to attack anyone who entered besides him.

"Right, open your eyes." Salazar said.

Harry did, and was shocked to see that the ceiling, which was enchanted like the Great Hall's, showed that it was dusk. "I've been doing that for hours? It felt like a few minutes."

Salazar nodded. "It often does. Go eat. I will test your barriers tomorrow, after my classes. Every night, I want you to make sure there are no problems with your defenses and sort your new thoughts and memories."