Chapter Three

The first week passed fairly quickly. Soon, it was the weekend again and the Founders were back to teaching them on a full time basis.

"During summer we will be able to teach you everyday, but for now you will have to settle on only two days a week and any off chances we have to come down here." Helga explained.

"Got it." The kids said.

"Now," Rowena began, "you four shall take a sip of the potion. You will fall into a trance, and your form shall appear in front of you. When you awake, we will begin on the transformation."

Each of them took a sip and Harry felt rather dizzy. So that's why the Founders had them sit in their chairs. He passed out.

He saw a black panther, with green eyes and one white paw, who walked up to him and nodded.

His eyes snapped open.

He had been moved to his bedroom.

Salazar was sitting on the edge of the bed. "Finally." He said, looking at Harry. "We were all worried about you."

"Why?" Harry asked.

"It may not have been very long for you, but you collapsed for way too long. It's Friday. You've been out for six days." Salazar answered.

"W-what? How did that happen?" Harry asked.

"Apparently you have had an allergic reaction to the Sopophorous Bean in the potion." Salazar replied. He stopped for a moment, then reached over and hugged Harry. "Do not do that again." He said gruffly, pulling away.

Harry blinked. "I found out my form." He said, changing the subject. "It's a panther."

Salazar nodded. "I figured it was some kind of bird, but I guess I was wrong. Now, if you feel up to it, let us go and see your friends. We cast the spell to bring your stuff and your owl has been worried as well. You were not kidding when you said she had an attitude. She is smart as well."

Harry smiled. "Yeah, she is."

"So, do you feel up to seeing your friends? They are in the meeting room." Salazar informed him.

"Sure." Harry said, his hand fumbling on the bedside table for his glasses, finding them, putting them on, throwing the covers off and swinging his legs off the side and standing. Luckily, he was still wearing his clothes from when he passed out.

They walked to the meeting room, and when he got there, Harry was engulfed in one of Hermione's infamous run-up-and-squeeze-the-life-out-of-you hugs.

"Harry!" Susan and Neville said happily. The other Founders were there and Salazar walked over to speak quietly to them.

"Hey guys." Harry said. "Mione... oxygen."

"Oh right." Hermione loosened her hold but made no move to release him.

"You four may have the day off to catch up." Helga said. "Harry, I think we should try an eyesight charm tomorrow."

Harry frowned. "What's that?"

"A charm that fixes your eyesight, so you don't have to wear your glasses." Susan replied.

"Exactly." Godric said.

"Okay. That'd be great!" Harry replied. The Founders left the room and Harry sat on his chair, Hermione still clinging to him like a lifeline.

She curled on his lap almost like a cat and Harry put his arms around her. Susan and Neville sat in their chairs.

"So...what are your forms?" Harry asked.

"I'm a cheetah. Not sure why." Neville said.

"Some reason I got a squirrel." Susan replied.