The Alpha's Secret

Warning! I would like to stress that this book, in it's entirety, is a ROUGH DRAFT! Please be kind. I have come to realize it is probably riddled with plot holes and mistakes that will have to be polished eventually.

On that note, can I just take a moment to tell you how fun it is to play with Luna's sense of humor? It's kind of dry and sarcastic. She has no filter, and it leaves creativity open to so many possibilities.

Chapter 18 - The Alpha's Secret

"Are you seriously playing Nintendo?" I asked as I entered the doorway to one of the living rooms in Adam's house. I still use the word "house" loosely. It wasn't my intention to seek out Blaine, who was sitting cross legged on the floor, transfixed by a game. I'd gotten lost – again – and followed muttered cursing to this location.

He barely spared a glance before the television stole his attention again. I watched at Mario's jump fell short and the tiny red character fell to his doom.

"Don't hate. These old games are the best."

"No hating here." I let loose a very unladylike snort as 'game over' scrolled across the screen. "Except for the fact that you suck."

Noticing he wasn't alone in the room, I gave the familiar blonde sitting on the couch a friendly wave. "Hey, Tori."

"Hey! I was hoping I'd get to see you again. You kinda left without saying goodbye last time." She patted a spot beside her, and in silence we watched Blaine kill the beloved character again.

"Sorry about that." I had no doubt she was referring to when I ditched them all in the clothing shop. I'd forgotten all about that. In hindsight, that was pretty rude...but I had been desperate.

She smiled. Apology accepted. Then her smile dropped and a serious look overtook her features. "Blaine is horrible."

I agreed, but found myself raising a questioning eyebrow. To what, exactly, was she referring?

"Luna!" Then a blush stained her cheeks. "Not you. I mean the dog, Luna. Blake's dog."

"What about my dog?"

I tried not to cringe as Blake vaulted over the back of the couch and settled next to me, a little too close to be considered polite. He'd been so quiet I hadn't heard him come in. I don't know why I failed to consider that he would more than likely find his way here. It was his house. Mansion. Whatever.

"What about her?" Tori sounded livid now, her cheeks puffed up like a fish. "You guys are both horrible! She's missing, and neither of you seem to care!"

She looked at me then, expecting to find a kindred spirit, but instead I stupidly blinked back at her. My mouth opened. Closed.

Now I was the fish.

Blaine was the one to save me. "I told you not to worry about her, Victoria." A playboy smirk. A wink in my direction. "Luna runs off from time to time, but she always comes back when she gets hungry." He laughed, pointing an accusing finger at me. "Now that I'm mentioning food, Luna, you hungry?"

A feather light touch on my leg stopped me from reaching for a pillow to throw at his face. Instantly I softened, anger dissipating into the wind. I even had to hold back a yawn as Blake continued drawing slow, soothing circles down my thigh. The small indent on Blake's shirt showed where my baby dragon was currently curled up. If I listened hard enough, I could even hear him purring. I lifted my hand with the intention of patting Drake's head, but thought better of it and instead brushed Blake's hand away. He was invisible and in a boy's lap. How hard would it be to explain that away to the only human in the room?