Taking Chances - Chapter 5

Sheila's POV

I scream, only to be cut off by a hand covering my mouth.

"Hush, darling. You aren't going to be hurt." Says the tallest man, who leans against the desk grinning, watching his comrade behind the desk choke me.

He pulled out a small, cylindric metal object.

He dropped it, causing a gas to leak out of it.

The gas crept forward until it reached me.

"Just thought you might want to see your mommy again - before we execute her that is."

And then I blacked out.

-

I woke up as the Search Patrol hauled me out of their deep green van. I was handed from person to person down a line, possibly so I don't remember any faces clearly.

What exactly had just happened? I'm no criminal. What had they told me? My memory was a blur.

I looked up at the member now carrying me bridal-style through the back doors of the PI. No one knows what it stands for, and most people call it the psychotic institute, since it's in the unstable part of the Centre.

I am carried through the doors, and suddenly am dropped.

I start to scream, but my breath is taken away from me as I land on a soft bed.

After catching my breath, I sit up.

Where am I?

I look around, taking in my surroundings.

The bed underneath me is basically made of pillows. I turn, to see a glass wall at the end of the bed. Windows.

And outside the windows sits my mother awaiting her death.

---------------------------------------------

READ READ READ BELOW

Is this on time? Technically. :)

No, it's actually a day late. :/

But I'm going to set the update day as Sunday now. So be prepared for another update next week! :D

~Claire

Totally stealing this from @awesome4evah :)

Comment if you like the characters. Who?

Vote if you want longer chapters.

Follow/Fan if you like the story in general!