For my dear

17.11.2015

You know, since I left home for college I realized that you, somehow, you love me. I don't know how, but I did. When mom told me the shit that you did, I couldn't help but blame myself. I kept thinking that if I were there, maybe I would stop you. Only if I went to university in Romania...

I miss you all the time and not a day passes that I don't think of you. You'll enjoy all the attention that mom and dad will show you on Christmas. I am sorry that I won't be there and that I didn't buy those damn tickets faster, but you will see me someday. I hope that by next year you will change your way of thinking and will become more mature. I hope that you will realize that I don't ever want to harm you and that I wish mom would stop comparing us because we are so different, even though we share some parts of the same DNA.

I hope that you won't find this letter too girly and that you won't throw it in a corner, but finish reading it. Even if you are shy to show me that you love me, I know, don't worry. I want you to always follow your most unattainable dreams, because those, my dear, those are the best. I don't want to see you at 30 years old regretting some decision that were made by others regarding your future.

If you want to become a game designer, I will support you. If you want to become an architect I will make sure to find the best one to teach you. If, someday you are going to call and tell me that you are gay, I will tell you that I love you. I will never feel ashamed that you are my brother, my dear. Read what you want to read, do what you want to do. You are unique and the norms that the society created do not apply to your uniqueness.