Space Tug

SPACE TUG ***

Produced by Greg Weeks, LN Yaddanapudi and the Online Distributed Proofreading Team at http://www.pgdp.net

30 MINUTES TO LIVE!

Joe Kenmore heard the airlock close with a sickening wheeze and then a clank. In desperation he turned toward Haney. "My God, we've been locked out!"

Through the transparent domes of their space helmets, Joe could see a look of horror and disbelief pass across Haney's face. But it was true! Joe and his crew were locked out of the Space Platform.

Four thousand miles below circled the Earth. Under Joe's feet rested the solid steel hull of his home in outer space. But without tools there was no hope of getting back inside. Joe looked at his oxygen meter. It registered thirty minutes to live.

_Space Tug_ by Murray Leinster is an independent sequel to the author's popular _Space Platform_, which is also available in a POCKET BOOK edition. Both books were published originally by Shasta Publishers.

_Of other books by Murray Leinster, the following are science-fiction:_

[A]SPACE PLATFORM

SIDEWISE IN TIME

MURDER MADNESS

THE LAST SPACE SHIP

THE LAWS OF CHANCE (_anthology_)

GREAT STORIES OF SCIENCE FICTION (_editor_)

[A] Published in a POCKET BOOK edition.

_Murray Leinster_

SPACE TUG

_Pocket Books, Inc._ _New York, N. Y._

This Pocket Book includes every word contained in the original, higher-priced edition. It is printed from brand-new plates made from completely reset, clear, easy-to-read type.

* * * * *

SPACE TUG

Shasta edition published November, 1953

POCKET BOOK edition published January, 1955 1st printing November, 1954

All rights reserved. This book, or any part thereof, may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission of the publisher, except for brief quotations embodied in critical articles or reviews. For information, address: Shasta Publishers, 5525 South Blackstone Avenue, Chicago 37, Illinois.

_Copyright, 1953, by Will F. Jenkins. This_ POCKET BOOK _edition is published by arrangement with Shasta Publishers. Library of Congress Catalog Card Number: 53-7292. Printed in the U. S. A._

+--------------------------------------------------------------+ | Transcriber's Note | | | | No evidence has been found that the copyright of this book | | has been renewed. | | | +--------------------------------------------------------------+

* * * * *

[Illustration: Pocket Book]

_Notice_: POCKET BOOK editions are published in the United States by Pocket Books, Inc., in Canada by Pocket Books of Canada, Ltd. Trade Marks registered in the United States and British Patent Offices by Pocket Books, Inc., and registered in Canada by Pocket Books of Canada, Ltd.

_To Joan Patricia Jenkins_

1

To the world at large, of course, it was just another day. A different sort entirely at different places on the great, round, rolling Earth, but nothing out of the ordinary. It was Tuesday on one side of the Date Line and Monday on the other. It was so-and-so's wedding anniversary and so-and-so's birthday and another so-and-so would get out of jail today. It was warm, it was cool, it was fair, it was cloudy. One looked forward to the future with confidence, with hope, with uneasiness or with terror according to one's temperament and one's geographical location and past history. To most of the human race this was nothing whatever but just another day.