there2 my KK.

I shut KK's door, and sighed. I would give anything to be able to go in there and hug him. Kiss him, maybe. At least I kissed his cheek in the back of that ambulance. I'm making it my mission to make sure that isn't the last time I do.

A few minutes after I shut KK's door, the nurse came back with a foldable chair, which surprisingly enough looked pretty comfortable.

"Here's this, Sollux." The nurse said, unfolding the chair for me and setting it down. "I really shouldn't be telling you this, but if you need anything at all, you can go in Karkat's room. He has a remote attached to his bed that controls it, but it also has a button that calls the front office at the very top. Push it, and when the lady answers, tell her that Cindy needs to come to Karkat Vantas' room."

I tilted my head. "ciindy? who2 ciindy?"

"That would be me."

"oh, hehe, 2orry." I giggled, rubbing the back of my neck.

"It's quite alright, Sollux, I'm not even wearing my name tag." She giggled also. "I'll leave you alone for now. Remember what I told you, okay?"

I nodded, and she smiled. She walked away, and I took my seat.

I figured Karkat wouldn't be waking up anytime soon, so I decided to close my eyes for a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...Sollux? Sooooollux?" A familiar voice said, a hand shaking my shoulder. "Sollux, I need to speak with you."

"uhhgggg, what ii2 iit..." I groaned, rubbing my eyes.

"Mr. Vantas is awake now, if you'd like to see him."

My eyes shot back open, and I looked up at who was talking. Cindy.

"he2 really awake? youre not ju2t fuckiing- er... me22iing wiith me?"

"He is really awake." She smiled. "You might wanna get in there pretty fast, He's been waiting for about 10 minutes."

She didn't have to tell me twice. I immediately sprung up out of the chair, and wrapped my arms around her. "thank you thank you thank you!" I said, quickly letting her go and stepping over to the door. She laughed, and walked down the hall.

I put my hand on the handle, and slowly twisted it, cracking the door open just as I did when he was asleep.

Then I heard his voice.

He was laughing. I started to feel myself tear up, but I pulled myself together. I opened the door further.

"...kk?" I said.

"...S...SOLLUX?" He said, looking over at me. The monitor tracking his heart beat started beeping quicker.

"oh my god," I smiled, walking into the room and closing the door behind me as I ran over to the side of his bed. I didn't want to touch him, because god forbid I hurt him anymore. "youre awake..." I smiled, feeling tears build up again.

"OH GOD, SOLLUX, PLEASE DONT CRY AGAIN. YOU'RE GONNA MAKE ME CRY. NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THAT." He laughed, petting my head. I laughed with him, a few tears rolling down my cheeks.

"kk iim 2o 2orry thii2 happened. iit2 all my fault."

"OH SHUT UP, IT ABSOLUTELY WAS NOT. I PRESSURED YOU INTO TELLING ME SHIT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO, AND WHEN YOU GOT MAD, I OVERREACTED AND WENT AND MADE SOME MISTAKES. BUT ITS OKAY. IM OKAY, YOURE OKAY, EVERYONE IS OKAY." He said, still rubbing my head.

"whatever, iim 2tiill 2orry."

"WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO GET IN HERE, BY THE WAY? DID YOU GET LOST?"

"no, ii wa2 2leepiing riight out2iide your door."

"...WELL THATS NOT FUCKING CREEPY AT ALL."

We both started giggling.

I'm glad I can see him again.

I'm so happy he's alive.

--------------------------------

~Author's note!~

IM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED OMGGG

I totally forgot about this story! I can't believe I did!

I've decided, though, that I'm gonna make a oneshot story thing, where y'all give me a ship and a quadrant, and I write a short story of them going on a date.

I'm gonna start with pale!solrezi C:

~AU~