SototallyLittlewood Part two - Together

Martyn woke up first as usual. He remembered everything that had happened yesterday, Toby trying to hide from him. He looked over at Toby and brushed his hand against his skin just to make sure he wasn’t hallucinating. Toby really did love him back. He smiled as wide as he could; finally he was with the person he truly loved. Martyn kept petting Toby’s face, it was surprisingly soft. Toby’s eyes fluttered open, and he smiled sleepily at Martyn. Martyn covered his own mouth and made a muffled ‘awe!’ sound. Sleepy Toby was so adorable to the Sapling King.

Toby loved the feeling of Martyn petting his face. It made him feel loved and cared for. He felt like he could lay there forever. Toby was slowly closing his eyes still grinning, but his eyes flashed open and his grin faded when they heard a hissing sound. Martyn jumped out of bed so quickly it seemed like he teleported. He drew his sword and killed the source of the hissing in one graceful movement. By then Toby was sitting up in bed with major bed head. Martyn put his sword away and sat back down on the bed and hugged Toby.

“You look adorable Toby!” Martyn said still hugging the younger boy.

Toby blushed, “You do too! You’re not wearing your bandana!”

The boys giggled at each other’s hair as Martyn put his bandana on and Toby brushed his hair. Neither of the boys really wanted to work on such an amazing day. The sun was shining, and they were together. What could be better?

“Martyn?” Toby asked

“Yeah Toby?”

“Can we take the day off to just relax and do whatever?”

“Why not? We haven’t in a while, what do you want to do?” Martyn said.

Toby was tempted to say ‘you’ but he really just wanted to cuddle with Martyn in their bed forever. Toby pulled Martyn by the arm and they fell on their bed and started laughing. Toby hugged Martyn, “This day is amazing!”

Martyn smiled at Toby. A few seconds later they heard a clap of thunder and saw lightning. Toby whimpered and pulled Martyn closer. They got comfortable in the bed leaning up against the head of the bed. Toby had buried his face in Martyn’s chest. The Sapling King could feel Toby crying and whimpering. He knew Toby was scared of thunder storms, he thought it was adorable for Toby to hide himself and cuddle up with Martyn. Toby enjoyed cuddling with Martyn but he was truly terrified. He just wanted to hide his face and have Martyn make everything better.

“Toby,” Martyn started, “I love you so much! You’re so adorable! I know that you’re scared, but the rain can’t hurt us.”

Toby looked up at Martyn, tears were streaming down his face, “I know the rain can’t hurt us… It’s just the thunder and lightning.”

Another flash of lightning followed by a clap of lightning made Toby hide his face again. Martyn pulled the covers over the frightened boy, “Shh. Toby it’s okay, I’m here. Nothing can hurt you nothing can hurt you.”

Toby fell asleep on Martyn, and Martyn fell asleep. A few hours later the rain had stopped and Toby woke up to see a rainbow.

Toby shook Martyn gently, “Martyn! There’s a rainbow!”

Martyn opened his eyes and saw is, “Wow! That’s beautiful!”

The two sat there for a little the Toby got up.

“Where are you going?” Martyn asked.

Toby grabbed Martyn’s arm and pulled him up, “On an adventure!”

The two grabbed their tools, armour and food and set off into the woods.

The two were walking for a while and it started getting dark. “C’mon Toby, we should head back, it’s getting dark.” Martyn said.

Toby was having trouble keeping his eyes open. It was really late, later than when he would go to bed at normally. “Mmkay…” Toby mumbled.

Martyn had to turn Toby around and they started walking back to camp.

“Do you want me to carry you there?” Martyn asked, Toby looked really tired.

“Hm? Oh no I’m okay.” Toby answered sleepily.

They were walking and admiring some of the nature they were walking by. Then out of nowhere an arrow flew and hit Toby in the arm. Toby was tearing up, arrows hurt. Martyn got furious with whatever hit his Toby. He saw a skeleton with a bow and sprinted up to it and killed it in one blow. He ran back to Toby and put his blade back in its sheath. Toby was bleeding really badly. Martyn picked Toby up and ran back to camp, luckily they were close. Martyn found some bandages and patched Toby up.

“T-thank y-you Mart-yn” Toby was still crying from the injury.

Martyn looked at his little Toby, and started crying also. “I should have been paying attention! I should have protected you! I said nothing could hurt you!”

Toby stared at Martyn in shock. He pulled Martyn into a hug. “M-Martyn! It’s not your fau-lt. It’s fin-e! I still love you th-the same! Pro-bably even more be-caus-e you’re taki-ng care of me!” Since Toby was still crying he was struggling to talk but he was glad he managed to say what he meant.

“I love you too.” Martyn whispered.

Toby smiled but was so tired.

“Shh Toby it’s okay you can sleep now. You have to if you’re going to get better.”

After listening to Martyn’s words he let sleep over power him. Martyn tucked him in, minding his arm, and closed the door and got into bed too and they fell asleep. Together.