>.Circumstances At Canta.<

-------------------------------------------------------------

***

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000043792 StartFragment:0000000457 EndFragment:0000043776

>. Circumstances At Canta .<

Black Tiger: Followers.

We watch her walk off and I sigh as I see her leave me. Bain walks over to the dumpster and picks up Hellfire and hands it to me. I nod silently, taking it back from him, still eyeing her. Bain raises an eyebrow as he looks at me in a questioning manner. We stand there in silence for a little while. He finally opens his mouth to talk to me.

"Ryder? Are you planning to tell me what your relationship is with her?" he asks me quietly but slowly. I shrug.

"There is no relationship between us," I say blandly. He smirks, knowing that I am not actually telling the truth. I sigh.

"You don't have to tell me," he says honestly but I know that he is just saying that. He expects me to tell him.

"It happened a long time ago," I mumble softly. He urges me to say more. "She saved my life a while back. You could say that she's my guardian angel. Always coming in the nick of time..." I trail off.

He looks at me in surprise. However, he does not question me further. He simply just takes a deep breath and asks me where we should go next. Without a second doubt, I already decide where to go.

"Canta," I say. I need to see her again; talk to her and I realize that Bain understands this as well, after he nods, leading us both out of the alley to our dented SUV. We both get into the car and just sit there, as we both bring our thoughts together.

"So..." we both start. We look at each other. We automatically decide that I go first.

"Canta then?" I ask. "You're okay with that?" He nods.

"That's fine with me. You want to talk to her, don't you?" he asks me back. I briskly nod. He sits there, thinking some more as I watch him carefully and he finally nods. He starts the car and we start the fifteen minute drive to Canta.

Midnight Wolf: A Wonderful Welcome to Canta.

I call for a taxi and soon one comes. After all, what man would keep a beautiful woman waiting? A Mexican taxi driver comes up in front of us and rolls down a window.

"You need a ride miss?" he asks me with an extremely heavy Hispanic accent.

"Yes, please, thank you," I say in a steady voice. He gives me a toothy smile.

"Come in, come in!" he tells me, waving me over.

I get in and look at him, analyzing him as I usually do with people. Creepy Mexican guy, DS: 3. Just be alert, I note.

As we start driving, he pulls out a cigarette and starts to light it. I grimace.

"Please put that out," I say angrily, slightly agitated by his bothersome demeanor. He looks in his rearview mirror at me.

"No can do, Miss, I am quite addicted to cigarettes," he says and I blink. How dare he say such a thing to me!

"I said to put it out, damn it!" I practically yell, as we near closer to Canta. I am not in a good mood, nor did I feel like dealing with him. He pretends to not hear me, however, and chooses to ignore me.

I take Donovan's small tranquilizer gun and Donovan looks at me meekly, curious as to what I am going to do but not provoking me. I wave the tranquilizer gun and he notices it in the mirror of his. His eyes considerably widen and I smile, distasteful. He throws the cigarette out of his open window and I nod in thanks.