>.Our Dear Serenity.<

>. Our Dear Serenity .<

Black Tiger: Standpoint.

What do I do? I ask myself, a million thoughts whizzing through my head. Think! I tell myself as I lick my lower lip, stressed. This guy, he's strong - really strong - and my mind immediately flashes back to dark coats, incredibly beautiful weapons, and jagged tattoos. The initial shock of his strength finally hits me like a blow to my face. I have no idea if it is even possible for there to be people stronger than the Delites. 

"Just what are you?" I ask him in a whisper of horror. The strength and speed at which he got me was so quick - it was nearly unbelievable. Inhuman.

This never happens to me.

It's never happened.

The sides of his pale lips curl up into a satanic smile.

Midnight Wolf: Our Side.

Rouje City is a surprisingly beautiful town, though it is desolate now because the people are afraid. As they should be, of course, especially when a mass murderer is somewhere out there, ready and willing to kill so mercilessly. He's not all that different from us, really.

Not all that different from me.

That thought strikes a chord in my heart as I quickly banish it from my mind as soon as it had come. 

We pass downtown and I can't help but smile at the authenticity of the place. The buildings are rustic, many in conditions that could easily be better but fit the ambience of an "old town." I bring the windows down as we pass by the market place, enjoying the smell of fresh bread from the bakery and the chatter between wives and their children. They take extra care to keep the little ones close to their side. I smile softly.

Someday, I would want to live close to a place like this, I think.

We quickly park off to the side of the central townsquare of the town, which is bustling with energy. As Claryn and I both get out of the car, I soon realize that these people approach others with suspicion. This place may look beautiful on the outside but it is full of negative energy and for a moment, that aches my heart. I steal a sly glance at Claryn and sigh. I hate being this person, a Delite. Sure, it paid well - amazingly actually - and I would never have to experience the pain from being jobless and I would always have a "family" to go back to but it also meant I could never leave, never get away. I could never experience a normal life. I could never be truly happy.

I could never fall in love.

"Where do you want to take?" I ask him, forcing myself to be in the present, interrupting my thoughts before they turn to him. He turns to look at me and shrugs, a spark in his eyes.

"I'll guess I'll take the upper part of town. We can make it a game!" he says and I roll my eyes, turning away.

"Rain! Let's get this done and over with," I mutter, and I feel a resonating growl from the back of my mind. I begin to start from one side of downtown, keeping my eyes open, in search for this murderer called Gale Donovan...

Black Tiger: Partner.

"Wait!" I shout desperately. As much as I hate to bring Bain into this situation, I didn't have much of a choice, and I knew better than to not rely on my partner. Donovan holds the battered gun to my forehead and the click of the safety goes off, the cold metal making chills go down my back. His hand flinches but pauses.

"Well, now. This'll be interesting. The infamous Black Tiger begging for his life?" he asks, smirking at me. I grimace, fully aware that he was using that title to mock me.