27. The Beginning of the End

[This is a one-shot of 3 pages that has been beautifully written, with all the right emotions and description. Even though the story is short it is really gripping and heart wrenching!]

blurb:

Hands shaking she looks around at each of the figures. Why is this happening to me? I don’t understand. She thinks to herself. "Love, we must leave now, please, it is not safe for you here." His smooth, husky voice whispers in her mind, and he places a warm hand is on her shoulder, rubbing circles at the base of her neck, and sending a shiver down her spine. Whimpering she tries to step away from his touch but he won’t have it, growling he snakes a possessive arm around her waist pulling her into him and he relishes in the soft curves of her body pressing against his own muscular one. "Why did you run, my love? It is not safe for you in this forest especially here." His voice echoes in her head as he pulls her slightly behind him, shielding her from the unrelenting stares of the cloaked figures. He begins to slowly back into the trees still shielding her. "It can’t be true. It doesn’t make any sense. Why would I have no memory of it?" She thinks, knowing that he would some how hear. "My love, I promise you it is the truth."