Part 4 - Incoming Call

Her words went through me like a knife. She had to be lying. She had to be.

    Yeah, she was probably just trying to piss me off. Tom would never do that to me, he loved me and we were crazy happy together.

   Then why was I douthing him?

   I picked something out of Britney’s present suitcase and went to the bathroom. I had to get back to Victorville, California, to clear out everything with Tom.

   Fuck this was going to be embarassing to explain to my parents.

   Someone kncoked on the door of the bedroom.

   “If it’s Charlotte, get the fuck away from me!” I yelled.

   “It’s not,” Hunter said as he entered the room.

   I could only imagine how Charlotte’s face dropped when he knocked on the door asking for me. The thought made me smile as I walked out the bathroom to see him waiting for me sitting on the bed.

   He put a shirt on, but still had serious bed-head, but over all, he was very cute.

   “So?” I asked him.

   There was nothing good about the look on his face.

   “Sorry, but he’s also on vacation and I won’t be able to reach him for 2 weeks,” he said, comfirming my worst fears.

   “God, this is a pain in the ass,” I said more to myself than him.

   “I know. Don’t you have a lawer that could wrappe this up today?” he asked.

   “Do I look like a girl that’s ever had legal problems?” I replied.

   “How am I suppost to know what someone who’s had legal problems looks like?” he asked, raising a brow.

   “Right, sorry. I’m just a bit on edge,” I apologize, running my fingers through my hair again.

   “And you don’t think I am? My parents don’t believe in divorce and if they found out how I got married, it’d be worst. Plus If news of what happened last night goes public, I’m screwed,” he explained.

   I felt bad for him. He was famous, duh! If this gets out, it’s going to be a huge scandal. I could already see the head lines: What happens in Vegas, doesn’t always stay in Vegas! British super star Hunter Willis be wedds random girl!

   “I’m sorry. I forgot about that stuff,” I apologized once again.

   “Yeah, well, it’s no ones fault,” he sighed. He looked back up at me and seemed concertrated on my face.

   “Humm... Can I help you?” I asked, uncomfortable from his gaze.

   “Sorry, I’m just trying to remember your name. I know you told me last night, but everything last night is fuzzy.”

   “Acadia,” I answered. “But my friends call me Dia.”

   “That’s a pretty name,” he commented.

   I felt myself blush. “No! You don’t flirt and blush with strangers! I love Tom!” I reprimed myself and shook his compliment off.

   “Well, of course, I know who you are. Big fan, by the way,” she smiled.

   “Thanks,” he smiled back.

   We just stayed there, his sitting on the bed, me standing up for a few seconds in an awkward silence. Now what?