The Dance

Tracy was dancing with Link Larkin at their school dance, before the big summer break just before senior year would start. Its all happening so fast.. Tracy thought. But her dreams were fulfilled but she still only wished for the integration to be beyond the show but grateful that they actually integrated television, one show at a time, first The Corny Collins Show and before you knew it, many others started to become integrated as well. Although, the summer would bring good things, like, Amber wouldn't be trying to split her and Link up...Again. Like she has all year. Then came the big part, "Trace.." Link mumbled. "Yeah, Link?" Tracy answered, "Can we talk?" and she only nodded. 

"I'm gonna bring my career to the next level, Trace, I'm going to get an agent. My mom is getting a contract and..We're signing it as soon as the school year starts." Link told her with a sigh, "Link..Don't you love this show? Why can't you stay on it until the end of senior year?" she asked him. "It isn't like we're breaking up, Trace!" Link told her as he hugged the big haired girl. "Oh Link.." Tracy through deep breaths and tears going down her cheeks. Link hugged her tighter, "Trace..On the next show, I need you to be as happy as you can otherwise I can't give you the present I've been keeping." he said to her, Tracy smiled slightly, as she wiped away her tears and said a simple, "Okay." 

Penny Lou Pingleton, what have you gotten yourself into? Dating a man of color against your mother's wishes, you are a horrible. You deserve those punishments. Is what went through the mind of Tracy's bubbly blonde best friend. "There she is, look at her! Her hair is awful!" Lou Ann, a dancer on the show, gossiped with Noreen and Doreen. "Penny, come over here girl!" Seaweed called to the blonde, his heart skipped a beat every time he saw her, she was beautiful even if she has skin that was probably whiter than winter snow. Amber started to spread more rumors about Tracy, and Penny overheard, she didn't do anything. But the thought of Amber still trying to get someone to lie to Link so he'd break up with Tracy. It sickened Penny. But the blonde walked over to the black man, "Oh, Seaweed!" she exclaimed as he grabbed her hips. 

"Penny, are you okay?" Seaweed asked, seeing the worried expression on the girl's face. "Seaweed, we need to help Tracy." Penny said to him, Seaweed looked over at the happy overweight girl dancing with the teenage heartthrob, "She looks fine." he replied. Why? Why are boys so blank? Penny Lou. That's rude! She scolded herself mentally. Penny took a deep breath, "Never mind...We'll just help when she seems to need it. But I heard that Amber was gonna do something but what can she do? After today is going to be summer." That's right. It'll be summer, Amber can't hurt Tracy..But the show. She does the show. Oh no. This is bad!