X V I I I - [ D A E M O N ]

"I CAN'T BELIEVE you nearly killed Mr and Mrs. Sanchez!" I say, hanging my laundry on my clothing rack. "And in their own store, nonetheless!"

"I don't see the problem here," Feia says, chewing on the bubblegum she asked from Bub when we returned to Hell not too long ago. "I mean, shouldn't the more people I kill be the better?"

I turn to face her. "Sure, but couldn't you have picked another target? Maybe someone who doesn't serve me?"

"Oh, for the love of—" She starts, but then stops herself. "Why didn't you tell me that you can make people forget?! I wouldn't have to apologize to them if they won't even remember a single thing that's happened!"

"Oh," I go back to hanging my clothes, already knowing Feia's reaction to my answer. "that's solely for my own entertainment."

"WHAT!" She exclaims rather than asks it, and I brace myself for the nagging that lies ahead of me. "You—"

"Asshole?" I say, cutting her off. "Piece of shit? Son of a bitch? Yeah, I get that a lot."

"Oh, actually," I can hear the smile in her words. "I was going to say 'Angel', but I guess those work too."

I turn around once again, my eyes narrowed at her. "You did not."

"Oh yes I did, My Lord."

"Mother of Satan," I mutter, rubbing my temples. "I've got a headache."

"As you should." She smirks at me from my bed, nodding in satisfaction.

"Which reminds me..." I say, lifting my head up slightly. "I've got another thing for you to do." This earns an immediate groan from her, a response of protest. "Don't worry, though, this one won't be too difficult."

"So is picking up your dry-cleaning, but somehow I was this close to draining the blood out of the laundry owners." She brings her index finger and thumb close to each other, emphasizing her words.

I open my mouth to argue for the sake of stalling her, but close it again once I realize that I really can't disagree with what she said—Feia really is terrible at doing all these human tasks. "You're not that bad." I manage to lie anyway, though I know that I'm not being too convincing.

"Oh, bullshit."

"Do you want to go in the Inner Circle or not?" I ask, knowing the only thing that lures her is her will to risk her own life. "The sooner you complete all this, the sooner you'll be able to see just what lies inside that hellhole."

Feia sighs, a grumpy look on her face. "Fine, what do you want?"

"I need you," I say, a grin creeping onto my face, "to babysit my niece and nephews."

||-:-:-:-:-:-||

"UNCLE DAEMON!" Arael shrieks, running up to Daemon. "Hey guys! Uncle Daemon is here!"

The other two, Xaeran and Medrin, who were on the floor coloring with blood, scrambles to their feet and follow Arael who is still running in my direction. Medrin is the last one to reach me, mainly because she was gathering all the paper strewn across the floor.

"Uncle, uncle!" Medrin pushes her two brothers aside, earning a scowl from the both of them. She simply glares at them, though, and the boys each take a step back, intimidated. She smiles in satisfaction, and looks up at me as she shows off her drawing. "Uncle, look at the picture I drew! Isn't it pretty?"

From my peripheral vision, I see Feia tilting her head to the side to see what Medrin had drawn, and seems to be taken aback to see an innocent-looking girl wearing a white, blood-stained dress. Medrin's drawing isn't that impressive, but it's good enough for anyone to tell what it actually is.