Chapter 1

"Come on Christine! We are going to be late!" Raoul calls from downstairs. We were going to a dinner to celebrate a birthday. Someone from the a new Opera House Christine started singing at. Both she and Raoul were nervous about it at first because... Well, I'm sure you know. So, she was relieved to find that there were no underground catacombs. Honestly, she didn't mind maybe having a mutual friendship with 'The Angel of Music' but for Raoul's sake she was relieved.

"Coming Dear!" Christine replied in the same eager tone. Christine was excited as well. Everyone was going to be there. Of course they are. They work there! Christine's birthday was coming up soon as well. She would be turning 19. Yes, she's been with Raoul for two years. And loved him dearly. Although, he has been acting weird lately. Like, when they get to the Opera House, he runs off rather quickly saying, 'I've got something to do.' But she shrugged it off thinking it was nothing.

Christine rushed downstairs and met Raoul. "You ready?"

Christine smiled as a way of saying yes and they headed out.

Π•Π

"Christine!" Meg greeted her with a genuine smile. Christine had just finished saying Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girl and was socializing.

"Hello, Meg," Christine said with a small laugh.

"Hello Miss Giry," Raoul said playfully bowing.

Meg laughed and returned the joke with a curtsy, "Mr de Chagny."

The three laughed and chatted for a little while. Eventually, the three sat down to eat. Mrs. Giry was the first to strike conversation, "So, Christine, your birthday is coming up. Are you excited?"

"Very much," Christine replied. "And, our anniversary is soon after. Two years."

"Mm," Meg said. Her eyes flickered from Christine to Raoul, who she eyed suspiciously. Luckily, Christine didn't notice. "Congratulations, Christine."

"Speaking of Christine's birthday," Raoul spoke. "Meg, I have an idea and I need to talk to you. Let's do it know before we leave and forget."

Meg smiled at Christine and left with Raoul. "So Christine..." Mrs. Giry starting talking to her about the Opera and whatnot while Christine listened and ate.

Raoul guided Meg to the back and lightly pushed her to the wall. "What is your deal?!"

"I don't know. What was our deal Raoul? Huh? Maybe I misunderstood... or you didn't mean it." Meg fumed.

"No, I did mean it. I just need like a month."