Of Trust and Terror

Okay writing this was more trouble than I thought.

So. Much. Editing.

Have no fear though, I edited ALOT out of this piece to prevent unhappy thoughts for readers . . . . .I mean a LOT when I say a lot. And. . . .I don't think it works on me :, (

*************

I watched as Zack, shot in the chest, crashed down onto the floor in the entrance of the room. He went without a sound, unknowing of what had hit him. He was dead before he hit the floor.

I cried out furiously then, but got ahold of myself, aware that with every move or sound I made, I sapped my remaining energy. Dark spots clouded my eyes, making me dizzy and beside myself with fear. My heart raced dangerously fast, making more blood move in my body.

Annie pointed the gun at the two orderlies, their white coats were so contrast compared to everyone and everything in the room- colored bloodily and a dirty mess. They backed into a corner on the right of the room at gunpoint, distracting her from me and I used the time to press my wrists into the fabric my dress. (How long have I been wearing this thing?!)

"You just shot that boy!" Said one of the orderlies, horrified.

The other of the two stepped forward, "Ma'am, put down your weapon and surrender yourself-"

"No!" Screamed Annie, taking a step toward the men, "Alright boys. Do what you came here for." Said she, a hungry kind of laugh filled the air. She was REALLY insane.

"Ma'am," continued one of the orderlies, he was younger and looked like a bodybuilder. He had a small line of facial hair and dark eyes. "We've come here to seize someone who has been classified as dangerous and hostile. You're the only one who fits the description right now-"

"NO DAMNIT! SHE'S THE ONE YOU WANT! She is Alice-God-Damn-Fucking-Madden ,the one I called in to be committed!" Her gun pointed at me for a second. "Just look at her, she knows she's going to Illuminate, she's tried to off herself!"

"Don't listen to her!" I piped up, my voice sounding like death, "She MADE me do it, she's the one you want!"

The men looked puzzled, looking between us women in the room for answers. I didn't blame him, it was confusing, but I was the master of manipulation when I wanted to be. Annie didn't know that she gave me a perfect platform to work off of. Gathering the strength I had, I got to my feet and fell onto the highchair of the baby, it was the closest I could come to standing. 

The orderly said, "It was never specified the identity of the one we want. We only-"

"I was the one that called you," I lied. "This woman has deliberately kept me here because she's after my husband and my child."  I wrapped my bleeding arms around the little boy's body, suddenly protective of him.

"Shut up you WHORE! That's MY child!"

"See what I mean?" I said, gingerly brushing off her gunned threat, "She's delusional! She's been stalking us, and has even kidnaped him here." I looked right at her, "If he's your child, then why doesn't he look like you?"

No response.

"He looks like me." I said, wryly smiling. I could see that the orderlies were beginning to take my side, and the wheels in their head began to send alike messages between them saying that Annie was the one that needed to go. "Have you gentlemen noticed that this crazy woman is bald? Two reasons: She KNEW she was going to Illuminate, so she tried to conceal her identity; and two: she couldn't stand not looking like my child."