Chapter 6: Give me love.

Ed's POV:

I opened the door to find Taylor, sitting on the glossy white marbled floor, with a box of tissues beside her. "Who is it? ...Ed, its you." Taylor sniffed. "I'm not at my very best as you can see.." I walked over and sat beside Taylor. "Not everyone is at their best all the time...and that's okay.." I said as I placed my arm over Taylor's shoulder. "I just trust people..so easily. This happens all the time, and they end up breaking you and you're left to recover...all by yourself.." Taylor said. Her nose was in a shade of dark pink. "Well, this is how we do things around here, welcome to Life, Miss Taylor." I said and tickled Taylor on her neck. "Stop that! Don't make me laugh!" Taylor chuckled. "Why? I don' t want to see you cry, not now, not ever." I said. I paused after that. Should I have said that? Does it seem like I want her now? Shit. Taylor looked up to my face, "Thanks..and you know what? I'm glad to have you around, Ed. It's good having someone around, who understands you." She wrapped her hands around my waist and hugged me. Friendzoning at the top level, good job Ed, he thought to himself.

It was nearly 1am. Taylor chose to stay in her tour bus and eat pizza all night. Oh and Harry? She'd never call him again or talk to him. That's settled. She didn't need any men in her life anymore. Well with an exception of Ed..of course. He deserves a special spot in my heart, always. Taylor thought. Did I love him? Taylor..no. You're dragging yourself into relationships. You know what these things come to right? Chaos, trouble and heartbreaks. You don't need men. Not for now, at least. She told herself, while carefully tipping slices of pepperoni into her mouth while lying upside down on her couch. Meredith came over and meowed. "I know..let's not talk about boys again..deal?" Almost as if in reply, Meredith pawed back at her. Just like clockwork, Taylor's phone buzzed. "Hey Taylor, you up?" It was Ed. Meredith climbed up on to the couch, and sat beside Taylor. She meowed once again. "Oh Mere, it's just Ed, you can keep your claws down.." Taylor sat up and flicked her long golden locks, off of her shoulder. "Of course! I'm in the tour bus, wanna come over?" She instantly replied back.

In no time, Taylor heard 3 knocks on the door. She opened it to find Ed buried under papers and papers. "Well, that was quick!" Taylor said. "I know it's late, sorry! Can I come in?" Ed replied putting a bunch of flower crowns into his backpack. "It's alright! Come on in! Meredith needed company anyways!" Ed hopped in and Taylor closed the door. "What is on tonight? Oh and if you don't mind, I bought some Chinese! You will not believe the crowd at Mr. Lee's! It's massive! If you're wondering about the flower crowns, I ran into some fans on my way, and they showered me with it...literally." Ed told Taylor, while sitting with his legs up on the black Sweden-made couch. "Chinese sounds perfect! I'm just flipping through channels. Nothing really caught my eyes-wait..did you just say flower crowns?! What is up with those?! I keep seeing edits of me with those stuck to my head..it's really great, but I look like I have a garden growing on my head!" Taylor said finally knowing that someone was going through the same scenario she was.

Ed's POV:

I woke up next morning to the sound of Taylor's phone ringing. I stood up and stretched my arms. Meredith was up and about and was running wild around the tour bus as always. Taylor's phone continued to ring. "Taylor! You around?" I yelled. She must've gone to meet her Mum. But she'd never leave without taking her phone. I walked over to  check the caller ID. Harry. That's what it said. I rubbed my eyes and looked closely. It still said Harry. Why is he calling her? Does Taylor talk to him? Why didn't Harry tell me about her? Does she like him? Are they dating? Just as my mind clouded with questions, the ringing stopped. I sat down to let this sink in. Harry and I are inseparable friends. Could it be that he wants the only girl who I really think is perfect for me? Taylor walked into the tour bus carrying two cups of maple lattes. "Hey, you are up!" she chirped. Her hair was tied into a perfect braid, and she had the most beautiful summer dress on. Her toes were rather small and seemed extremely precious. Her skin glowed from all of the sun, and her voice was warm..and perfect. "Hey, um yeah I just yeah..I just woke um..I think I heard your phone ring. Just um yeah check on that." I picked up my hoodie and made my way to the door. "Are you gonna grab the latte, I got you?" Taylor looked at me and asked. Her eyes seemed to somehow...glow more today, its like they were trying to say something. "Uh..oh yes I will um, yeah I forgot to, sorry. Rehearsals at what time today?" I asked trying to change the topic. "Ah yes, rehearsals. How about 6pm? Is that alright with you?" She said sitting down, one leg on top of the other. "Sure, I'll um..see you around then." I quickly grabbed my latte and hoodie and made my way out of the bus. I walked faster than usual. The girl I loved probably loves my best friend. What a cliche. What a fucking cliche. I stopped dead in my tracks. Maybe I should ask her about Harry? Yes, that is exactly what I will do. I turned around, I gulped down my maple latte in less than 4 sips. I knocked heavily on the door. "Ed! What is it? Forgot something?" Taylor asked, surprised. I entered into the bus quickly. "Harry, you and him? What's going on? I need to know." I spoke angrily. I realised what I said after I said it. Wow, that sounded better in my head, than after I said it. I sounded like a man who desperately needed to get laid. "Ed, would like to..I don't know..sit down..are you okay?" Taylor asked. 

Taylor's POV:

He walked in so fast. "No! I'm not okay! Taylor..I don't know what's going on with you and Harry. But I need you to tell me now. Right now. He's my friend alright, I get that but when it comes to love..he..he-" I turned speechless. "...trouble?" I spoke looking down. "Sadly, yes. He wasn't like this before..he's changed a lot. It's all of that spending time with Nick. It's gotten him into more problems than ever." Ed said. "Are you dating him..?" "No..um we just..I can't believe I'm saying this.." I raised my hands and created air quotes, and said hooked up. "..just once."

Ed never really imagined Taylor to be the kind that hooked up with men. She seemed just the opposite. She always did. Ed stood there in awe. Meredith continued to run around the bus, cause clearly she didn't know what was going on. "And you didn't tell me this before..why?", Ed asked curiously. "Do you really think this is..I don't know, maybe appropriate for us to talk about?", Taylor demanded. "Oh, I don't know, yes? I thought we were best friends, Taylor. When something bothers you or something happens to you, you gotta tell it to me. That's what I am here for.", Ed replied back. His legs shivered as he said the words, best friends. He certainly didn't want to be just friends..but he just wasn't sure if Taylor felt the same. Taylor sat down and patted on the seat telling him to sit with her. Ed sat down, and grabbed a bottle of water. "Is there something you'd like to tell me..?"

Taylor nodded she took a deep breath and told Ed everything that happened. About how Justin had introduced her to Harry, and how he kept calling her late at night, just so they could keep hooking up. And Harry had been with Cara Delevingne since for about a year, and he still couldn't stop meeting Taylor. "I just didn't know who to tell this to..it just seemed so...not me. I never would do this, it sort of just happened. He made me feel loved after a long time...you know. And I just didn't know who to tell all of this to, so you know I just..I wrote about it." Taylor looked to Ed's face. "Girl at Home..yeah that's about..yeah, um, it's about Harry.." Ed didn't know what to say. He's never had anyone tell problems of this sort to him before. He didn't know how to react. He just sat there, speechless. "You know..all I ever wanted is to be loved. And everyone seems to blow up stories about my love life..but they don't know anything, not even a little bit of it. I just want to be treated nicely and loved a lot, is it that hard, Ed? Is it?"

Ed's POV:

"Is it really that hard, Ed? Is it?" she said looking at me. Her eyes were watery, her voice was trembling, and she was shivering. I could be really dramatic right now and just kiss Taylor. But that's not how this is supposed to be..she needs a friend right now...right? "It's not that hard, Taylor..maybe the answer is right in front of you, you just aren't looking properly.." I dropped the slight hint in that, you could say. "I'm done searching for love, Ed. This is really it. I'm done with this. I just cannot handle relationships right now...this is just too much..don't you think so?" I swallowed hard. "Yes, yes most definitely yes." Did you hear what you just said, Ed? Why on earth would you say that? You don't think twice before you say things, do you?