Monsters

An army truck pulled up the my doorstep. Thank goodness ma isn't home! I thought to myself, 'cause if she was I would be DEAD. I walked up and got into the big car. The soldier looked at me and smiled.

" How old are ya?" He asked.

" Seventeen, turning Eighteen Sunday." I said, he nodded.

" That's a little young to already putting yourself in Deaths hands............." He told me his age ( Which was 19) and then the Sargent told us we were picking up Danny now.

We arrived at his house and he came bursting out of the door. He hopped into the car and sat beside me. It took him like FIVE WHOLE MINUTES TO REALIZE I WAS THERE!

" LUCY!" He exclaimed as he turned hi head to see the soldier but saw me instead.

" Yeah.............it's me, and you never called." I mumbled. He ignored the retort and hugged me.

" How have you be-" Right then something hit the cars side. I looked out the window and something UGLY was lying on it's back.

" What......is that?" I asked, I hoped I was safe in the car.

" That is what the Death Machine does to you........................come on Joey lets finish him off." The Sarge. and Joey got out and shot it right in the head. The creature kind of was like an ant and a werewolf mixed together. I was a little squeamish after I saw that thing. Danny seemed to ignore me. I wonder if he had fallen in LOVE with some other girl. Which I don't really see because he was such a los- i mean different kid in are school.

" So.........................you still single?" Danny asked, I was shocked at the question. WE WERE STILL....KINDA DATING, he never called though.............

" Ah well I was but I guess I am not now..............how bout you?" I asked, he smiled and sat up right.

" The girls can't stop staring at me, but I just haven't found some one to match you yet........" He said. Joey started laughing, and I of course blushed.

" Wow..........................were'd ya  hear that one?" Joey asked, I luaghed. I picked up Danny's hand.

" It doesn't matter if he got it off a cheap romance movie." I smiled and let his hand flop to the car seat. I guess me, Danny and Joey would get to spend a lot of time together. Which would be good to have and actual SOLDIER when we are trying to find the life machine.

" Let's go.............." The Sargent ordered. We followed him into an army base. It was huge in side. The hallways were every where.

" Here." The sargent said as he handed all of us a pistol and some other weapons.

" Don't be  afraid to shoot. 'Cause they won't." Joey said, I nodded. Off we went into the woods. In all the scary movies that's were the people got killed. So I was right beside Joey the whole time.

" You scared?" He asked teasingly. I nodded, OF COURSE I WAS SCARED!

" As long as we stick together it won't be a problem..................DANNY GET BACK HERE!" Joey yelled as Danny ran after something. Joey ran after him and left me here.

" Uh..............Guys I THOUGHT WE HAD TO STICK TOGETHER!" I yelled, no reply. But I did hear something behind me. I turned around and there was a huge monster thingy. I pulled out my pistol but I was shaking to badly to take aim. The creature jumped on top of me and I screamed, hoping one of those two would hear me. Joey did and he shot it right in the head.

" Where's Danny?" I asked, he pointed at the trees.

" He is at the Life machine place right now............Come on, but this time, Stay WITH me." He smiled and grabbed my hand. We ran through the woods as we heard sounds. I tightened my grip on Joey's hand as the monsters followed us. One grabbed my foot and I fell down. Joey tried to kick it off but one tackled him. Then I did it. I shot it. I jumped back and fell into the other creature.

" JOEY!" I screamed, he pulled out his knife and barley missed my head.

" YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME!" I exclaimed, he smiled.

" But I didn't........................." Then a terrible scream came from inside the building.

" Danny....................." I breathed. Joey ran inside, I had to take my time because he was way faster than me. Danny wasn't inside so I freaked out.

" DANNY!" I screamed. He popped up from under a table.

" Next time, Stay with us." Joey ordered.

" HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO GET THAT BACK TO CAMP!" I asked, the machine was way to big to carry by hand.

" I'll call Sarge.........." Joey said as he went into another hallway.

" So...............are you Really not in  a relation ship?" I asked, Danny looked at the floor.

" I am sorry it just kinda.........happened. You can't stop who you fall in love with right? I wanted to call you but...................I found Mallissa..." Danny explained, I knew it. I mean I almost fell in love with someone alts too, BUT I DIDN'T.

" Oh............................" That's all I could say. He broke my heart.

" I still do really like you Lucy................. I really do." He said, he walked over and tried to pick up my hand but I didn't let him.

" Well you can't love to girls.................can you?" I asked harshly. Joey came around the corner and I turned away from Danny.

" The Sarge. wants us to stay here the night.........." Joey walked over to us and felt the tension.

" I want to stay up first shift." I said, Joey agreed and Danny and him went and fell asleep. Sounds came from outside, I was a little scared but I didn't want to go to sleep yet. I stayed awake for an hour before I started to drift off. Everything became blurry.

" Lucy why don't you go rest and i'll take the shift." Joey said. I agreed but I was so tired I fell asleep right next to him. He made a GREAT pillow. He only woke me once, and that was to watch the sunrise. It was beautiful, all the light colors swirling together. But that's when Sargent had to ruin it............................