Chapter 6

I ripped down my covers and flopped down on my bed, letting out a groan. Austin has always been the one to joke around with me, listen to my issues, but he’s never shown a single sign that he was attracted to me. Now though, it seems to be massively different and I’m not sure if I like it or not. I’m so used to this being a one sided thing, something unrequited and now the idea that he does want me too kind of freaks me out.  On the other hand it makes me to excited for words, but I’m so afraid that somehow I’m trying to rebound and I never want to do that to someone like Austin.

“Why the hell did he decide to do this now?” I moaned into my pillow as I squished it over my face.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself so I could sleep and recuperate from today’s hellish day. Sadly when I did fall asleep Austin’s face wouldn’t stop popping up in my dreams.

                                                                               ***

The next morning I awoke to a surprise, there was an arm wound about my waist and a warm breath on my cheek. I cracked my eye open to see that Austin had kept to his promise about getting in my bed if he got uncomfortable. I opened both my eyes all the way to take in the fact Austin was lying beside me in my bed. His hair was an absolute mess and his face was slightly flushed from the heat in this room. He was completely adorable, so much that I had to resist the urge to take my hand and put his hair back into place simply so I could run my fingers through it.

I guess he could feel me watching him because his eyelids slowly lifted and exposed his deep brown eyes. He was quiet for a minute and then smiled, “Good morning Tristy.”

“Good morning to you Austin.” I greeted him with a grin of my own.  

“I’m going to take you out to breakfast today.”

I sat up on my side, keeping myself propped up on my elbow, “Oh really now?”

“Yea, it’s only fair for to me that I do that since you bought it yesterday morning.” He explained while moving his arm off of me so he could stretch his lengthy limbs.

“Sounds like a good deal to me.”

Austin climbs out my bed and that’s when I notice that he is shirtless and only wearing boxers. Thank god I was fast asleep whenever he got in my bed last night, who knows what I might have done. I tried to ignore my slightly dirty thoughts as I got out of bed and went to find something to wear for the day from my closet. I picked out a black and white tank top with a pair of blue jeans shorts and I tied my hair up in a ponytail. Austin appeared in my room again fully dressed with his hair looking a bit more tamed than it had earlier.

 “You ready to go?” He asked.

I nodded and quickly stepped into some white flip flops before we headed out to my little yellow car. Thankfully today he let me drive and we stopped at I-Hop for breakfast, which thrilled me since I love pancakes and waffles. We got inside, were seated, and given menus. I noticed that Austin kept peeking up at me from behind his menu, so the next time I caught him I stuck my tongue out, making a weird face which made him chuckle. We took turns ordering and the waitress looked like she wanted order Austin to get on the table and strip, so when she left I burst out laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Austin asked looking confused.

I caught my breath before I spoke, “That girl looked like she wanted rape you.”

Austin laughed, “Yea I noticed that too.”

“Well who wouldn’t? Mr. Rock star.” I joked giggling profusely.