Chapter 13

I'm guessing that I somehow passed out on Alan's shoulder because I woke up some time later in the plush hospital waiting room chairs. The smell of Alan's cologne mixed with that sterile hospice smell didn't mesh well together, making my nose scrunch up in displeasure. I cracked my eyes open to find the rest of the band, my parents, and Austin's dad all occupying the seats around me. I immediately became worried since almost everyone was here and as I continued to look around I noticed even more people were there with the same look I had on my face, fear.

I snapped up off of Alan's shoulder, hurriedly asking, "Do we know if he's going to be okay?"

Everyone looked surprised to see me awake and Aaron was the one to answer me, "The doctors are wanting to keep him over night, but he's alright for the most part. In fact the last time I saw him, he was asking for you."

I'm sure my eyes had blown wide at what Aaron had just told me because I heard my mother chuckle before saying, "Don't keep him waiting anymore honey."

I tried to pace myself as I walked past the others when on the inside I wanted to sprint to Austin's room.

"He's in room F15." Alan called as I made my way down the hall and once I was out of sight I began dashing down the hallway, only halfway glancing at door labels until I came to the F's.

I slowed my feet when I came on double digits and I took a deep breath in when I saw Austin's room. I gently tapped on the framing of the door and then heard the rustling of sheets before I heard Austin speak in a hoarse tone.

"Come in." He called softly and I gingerly stepped into view, watching his brown eyes light up as he cheered, "Tristy! You finally came to see me!"

"I'm sorry I would have been here sooner if someone would have woken me up." I apologize in a small voice.

He frowned slightly as he said, "Don't worry about it babe, I'm just glad you're here now."

I finally got up the guts to go to his bed and gently wrapped my arms around his shoulders as I whispered against his warm neck, "I'm so sorry for all of this Austin."

He carefully wrapped an arm around my waste and let his other hand run through my slightly messy hair. I was surprised when he pressed his forehead to mine, his eyes searched my face as he quietly spoke, "Tristan I would do anything for you. You need to understand that. "

I nodded as I tried to fight back tears, I hate that it's always so easy to cry in front of him.

"Come up here. " He murmured patting his leg.

I carefully climbed onto the hospital bed and threw my left leg over both of his before sitting on his lap.

I saw Austin wince a bit and I began moving off of him saying, "I'm hurting you."

He swiftly grabbed a hold of my thighs, "But I just need to hold you."

I could have sworn I melted at his words and the desperation in his gaze. So I couldn't help myself when I leaned over to him for a kiss and I felt him smile softly under my lips. When we let go he rested his head on my shoulder as he just held me to his chest.

"I was scared that Max was going to hurt you too." He confessed.

I ran my hand through his hair as I breathed, "But I'm fine."

He nodded slowly, "I can't stop worrying that this isn't over."

"Hopefully someone sent the cops after them and it will be."

He smiled to himself as he murmured, "You really are worth all the trouble."

I chuckled shaking my head, "No I'm not Austin."