Murderer in the Woods

Chapter 1

    The floors creaked beneath my feet while I tried to sneak out of my house as silently as possible. Living with werewolves with perfect hearing made that a very hard task. When I had finally made the final jump down from the second floor, I landed effortlessly onto the ground. I let out the sigh of relief after hearing no sound originating from the house but quiet snores. I put on the heels that I had in my hand and started walking down to the drive way where my best friend Nina was picking me up. After about ten minutes of waiting, her girly car came in to view and she pulled up next to me.

“Well hey there stranger. How much for the night?" Nina asked as she rolled the window down and spoke in a deep voice.

“More than you can afford."  I winked and threw my gum wrapper at her face as I got into the passenger’s seat.

“Wow, I picked a feisty one. I don't even know your name and your already hopping inside my car." she teased but began to drive.

“Whatever. This party better be good if I'm going to be missing most of my sleep tonight." I muttered.

“It’s Jake’s party so you know it will be.” She looked over at me with a serious face.

“Oh, tonight is going to rock!” I groaned with anticipation. I had not been to a party for a while now and I could not wait to just cut loose and dance.

        Jake Anderson was the hottest guy in school; his looks were to die for. He has the prettiest eyes because they were exactly the perfect shade of teal. What made his eyes stand out was his jet black hair that was always messed up in a sexy way. Jake's stomach was as ripped as a washing board and his charms were magical. It's like he knew the perfect thing to say at just the perfect time and his ego was almost as high as the list of girls he has slept with. Everyone was interested in Jake Anderson even the ones who denied it. All the girls had that dream of turning the biggest player and bad boy into a good one but of course I saw past all those lies. Jake would not change just because of the fact that he is Jake Anderson, and soon to be alpha I may add. Besides, Jake and I are friends. I’ve known the guy since we were in elementary, where his looks didn’t matter.  Nina and I are still really good friends with Jake, we are in the same group of friends.

Since Jake and I live in the same neighborhood we got there quickly. We pull up to the biggest house in town that has people scattered around everywhere with bottles of beer as a second layer to the ground. The music is pounding in my ears and we are not even inside the house yet. After what seems like a long time, we finally find a vacant parking lot almost a mile away.

“Seems like we arrived just in time.” She smirked as she got out of the car.

“Fashionably late.” I stated with a grin of my own while shutting her car door.  

 We fixed our dresses and pushed up our cleavage higher before sensually walking towards Jake’s house by following the music.

  The floor vibrated underneath my heels as we reached his front porch which had people loitering around. They stopped what they were doing and began to stare at us as we walked by them. Nina and I were used to this reaction, so we just kept a fierce and non-caring expression on our faces, focused on the door which led us to the house.

 The moment I opened the door three things became very obvious to me. First was that the music definitely could have left some people deaf; the second was that Jake’s house was filled up beyond its original capacity. And lastly, I knew that this night was going to be mind-blowing.