A bitch tells me I rock and a teammate tells me I suck... what?

~~~~

Excuse the mistakes

~~~~

“I don’t understand the point of art class.”

“Isn’t it to express yourself?” I asked, my voice coming out slightly muffled since I had two bobby pins clutched between my lips. I finished tying my hair up in a ponytail as Penny sighed, and I quickly pinned back the fly-aways with the bobby pins.

“I don’t see how I can express myself with a block of marble and a sharp carving object,” Penny stated grumpily, and she picked at the edge of the large band-aid wrapped around the cushy part of her hand, right under the thumb.

“Don’t get mad at art class just because you stabbed yourself,” I replied with an amused smile. Penny and I had met up after her last class, which was art, since we both had frees. She’d walked out with a bandage on her hand and an angry look on her face. When I’d asked what happened, I’d received a glare and a short, crisp response of:

“I was attacked by chisel and punched a chunk of marble. I’m not in a good mood, so don’t test me.”

“It’s not my fault!” Penny declared, crossing her arms tightly across her petite chest, “I mean, Mr. Foster shouldn’t trust me with anything sharp after I hurt myself with a paint brush. A paint brush, Kels!”

“How does that even happen?” I asked slowly, and Penny threw her hands up in the air.

“I have no freaking clue!” She cried, “I mean, one minute I’m painting a crappy rendition of a daisy, and a second later, I have a cut in the side of my middle finger!”

“You’re accident prone, my dear,” I stated with a chuckle, and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, “But that’s okay because in the end, you look great in band-aids.”

“Shut up,” Penny grumbled, and I grinned at her as we reached the door that lead outside. Since we’d learned that we had this free period together, Penny and I started going outside to the bleachers next to the football field, where we finished up homework, or I ranted about her dad being an ass.

Penny didn’t seem to mind when I talked about her dad in an extremely negative light, which was probably good because I did it a lot. Hey, what can I say? The man is an ass-hat, and I needed to vent.

We climbed up the expensive looked bleachers and settled in our usual spot at the top. My ponytail fluttered in the light wind, and I glanced over at the football field where a bunch of guys were playing ultimate Frisbee. I caught sight of Dane and Tony amongst the group, and I frowned as I stretched my legs out in front of me.

“What do you think your dad is going to do to me?” I asked, turning to look at Penny.

She was sitting with her legs crossed, and she was furiously typing something into her graphing calculator. I didn’t think she’d heard me, but when I went to repeat the question, she held up a finger. “Just let me finish graphing this inequality,” Penny said without looking up.

“You have fun with that,” I murmured, and I lowered my back until I was lying on the top bleacher. I raised my arms over my head, and I let out a deep sigh as the sun beamed on the small section of skin that was out, as my shirt had ridden up a little.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of heels echoing loudly on the metal bleachers, and then I heard Penny’s sharp intake of breath. She started nudging me to get up, but I was already pretty comfortable, and I was feeling lazy.