Be My Lefty? (GirlxGirl)

Be My Lefty? (girlxgirl)

Just a very short story with some fluff, mostly random talk, and not much detail. Hope it's okay! <3mads

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There she is.

I see her walking to her locker, luckily for me, mine happens to be to the left of hers. So, like the stalker I am, I run quickly to meet her.

"Hi" I say breathless, though I just saw her in our last class: English.

"Hey" she laughs silently at my flustered look.

"E-"

"So how's the book?" Oh yeah, our go-to subject whenever it gets awkward.

"It's really good, but you're right, King really does drag on."

She laughs again "I warned you, didn't I?"

"Well yeah... But I kinda like it. He has interesting thoughts and ways of expressing them."

"Agreed. So how's your group's project coming along in English?"

"AWFUL! I mean literally, could I have gotten a worse group?!" It really was true though, I must have terrible luck.

"Ahah yes!! You could be in my group, they don't get anything done, at least your group tries, they're just a bit stupid-"

"A BIT??" I raise a questioning eyebrow an she just smiles sweetly at my loud introduction.

"As I was saying... Be thankful you're not in my group."

"Ugh! But Id rather be in your group, at least I'd have you to go through it with!!"

"Very true. Hey did you do the science homework?" Oh yeah, she's also in my science class where we sit next to each other, true luck from the gods, I'm telling you.

"Uhmm..." Of course I didn't.

"I thought so. Here" she hands me hers to copy.

"Aw thank you so much! You're the best scuttlebutt" I say sickingly sweet, knowing she can't handle it.

"Ew, too much kindness. I'm not even going to say you're welcome."

"Well how rude!"

"I know I am" she smirks.

I really love her sassyness. And when she's all sweet(well as sweet as she gets) and her laugh... And her eyes, and face...

Well shit. I didn't mean loveee, just like. A lot. Very much so.

By this time we've already gathered our books from our lockers and started walking, still together.

"Why do I feel this formation is wrong?" I question, something is definitely off.

Ugh, she always knows everything. "Maybe because you usually walk on my left, genius?" She says with that usual smirk, just with more happiness. I love when she seems happy and amused.

"Wait. Really??" She nods. "But why does that always happen?"

"Well... You're right-handed and I'm left. So it'd only make sense, really."

I'm still utterly lost in what she's saying. "But wouldn't you want your main hand on the outside though so you could, I dunno, high five somebody or grab something??"

"No, because what if, lets say, we were to hold hands.." She stops to look towards me, making sure im paying attention. I try to look normal, as we keep walking.

"-well, then it would only make sense for my left hand to hold your right hand. Therefore, you should be on my left side."

"O-okay." Crap. "So, should I stand on your left then?" I ask super cheekily.

She laughs stiffly, "as you wish" she gestures, as I happily step to her left hand-side.

"Much better."

We then go off into conversation about what if a lefty went to shake a righty's hand? Wouldn't they be uncomfortable using their less-used Hand to shake?

We both agreed to get back to the subject later, as if confused us deeply. As I reach the library, my stop for lunch, she stops with me. "Well, see you in science" I go to shake her hand, my right and her right. Then she eagerly grabs my left with hers and we shake both and giggle stupidly.

She always leaves me with dwelling hopes and a never-faltering grin.

She lets go of both hands, laughs lightly, and mutters a thoughtful "Later Dork", winks, and walks off to her friends' lunch spot.