Chapter 3

Dedicated to Yzabella_Pen for one of the girls in this chapter, who will feature much more in later chapters.

DISCLAIMER: I own Elliae, Abigail and Toby. SerialLover owns the black haired girl and Yzabella_Pen owns the brown haired girl. J.K Rowling owns everything else.

ELLIAE

My eye’s traced around the large spiral staircase that led to the Ravenclaw common room. It was so huge and magnificent. It towered high about me, but not in a menacing or intimidating way. It was comforting . Like there was something looking over me at the top of that huge staircase, something wise and all knowing.

I was shaking as I climbed the stairs. From anticipation, not fear. Each stair I conquered took me closer to my new home.  It was all I could do to hold a calm composure and not bounce up the stairs.

Abigail walked next to me, looking just as eager, but also slightly nervous. Her foot caught the edge of a stair and she tripped upwards, grasping the rail to avoid falling on her face. A few giggles sounded from behind us, causing her pale cheeks to develop a reddish hue.

Tristan walked ahead of us, making casual conversation with the Ravenclaw head girl who was leading us. She attempted to ignore him and continue informing us on this and that as we walked. She didn’t seem to be having much success and kept pausing to giggle, then smack him for making her laugh.

They reached the top of the staircase and came to a door with no doorknob. A bronze, eagle shaped knocker in the centre of the door suddenly shifted and lifted it’s head.

“What builds castles, tears down mountains, and can both blind a man and help him to see?” The object asked them. I looked around at my schoolmates, unsure whether or not I should be amazed.

“Sand,” The girl answered, without hesitation. I grinned. I could’ve gotten that easily.

The door panned open and we were lead inside.

The Ravenclaw common room was massive. At first I thought it had suddenly turned to night, as the stars painted on the ceiling shone with such realism. The midnight blue carpet sank as I stepped on it. I had to stop myself from bending down to touch it and examine it’s lush fell more in depthly. The room itself was circular and well furnished, full of tables, chairs, couches, and a large marble statue of a woman I could only presume was Rowena Ravenclaw herself. In short, it was perfect.

I eagerly rushed around the room, examining this and that. On the shelves lay more books then I had ever seen in my life, and this wasn’t even the school library! I felt a gentle tug on my arm.

“Quick, let’s claim our dorms before they are all taken!” whispered Abigail. I nodded at her good plan and we rushed to the door.

I found my dorm space pretty quickly. It was close enough to the door for convenience but far enough away to not get too much traffic. The view from the window was fantastic, as was the view from anywhere in the tower. I could see the surrounding mountains perfectly.

I dropped my suitcase to the floor and tumbled onto my new bed. I sunk into the duvet with a look of pure bliss on my face, the soft bedding rising up to the tip of my ears. I knew I was going to like it here.

*********************************************************************************************************** 

I really tried not to skip as I darted through the Hogwarts courtyard, but I just couldn’t help it. I was just so elated. I’d had countless dreams of this place ever since I could remember, but they didn’t even come close to the majesty of the real thing.