chapter sixteen

"We have to go," Train heard Tamel repeat.

"You go," Train sniffled. "I'm tired of running."

"Look we can deal with this shit later," Tamel assured. "I promise we will. But right now we got to go."

"I said I'm not going," Train reiterated. "What have you gone deaf?"

"Are you stupid?" Tamel asked. "We got like six dead guys outside. Not to mention all the havoc they caused. We have to leave to get our shit together. We have to contact..."

Machine gunfire ricocheted past the doorway entering the room.

Tamel picked up the Uzi he brought in off one of the dead gunmen and started shooting it towards the door.

Train stayed where he was, knelt down next to Charmaine.

She was leaking from her sides and she wasn't moving even though her eyes were open.

"Nigga, we got to go," Tamel said firing off another round from the Uzi.

Train was oblivious to what was going on and a tear dropped down his eyes and he bowed his head on Charmaine's chest.

"I didn't mean for it end like this," Train wept.

"You need to leave that bitch alone and let's go," Train heard Tamel yell over the gunfire.

Train just stayed with his head on Charmaine's chest like he was in praying position.

"All the bad I did," Train cried. "I never thought it would end like this."

The array of gunshots subsided and Train felt Tamel over him again,

"I said, let's go," Tamel said grabbing Train by the shoulder.

"I said, no," Train boomed and snatched his arm from Tamel.

Train rose up and looked Tamel in the eye.

"It's your fault she's here like this in the first place," Train admitted.

"Fuck you saying," Tamel expressed. "You saying I'm the reason that bitch is dead. Fuck out of here. You know who's to blame for that. Her crazy ass mother. So put that shit on me."

Train just looked at Tamel with malice in his eyes.

Tamel spread his arms out. "So you mad at me now because your hoe is dead."

"You got one more time to come out your mouth like that," Train cautioned. "And you will not like the end result of it."

Tamel laughed, "Are you serious? We about to fight over a bi...female."

Train huffed. "You wouldn't understand. Just get the fuck out of here. I'll handle this shit by myself."

Train went to kneel down next to Charmaine when Tamel grabbed his shoulder again.

"I said, get the fuck up off me," Train warned snatching his shoulder away from Tamel.

This time Train pushed Tamel out of the booth.

"Are you fucking serious?" Tamel asked again. "We really about to do this."

Train balled up his fist. "Just get the fuck out of here."

"I'm not leaving you to die with her," Tamel remarked. "I can't believe you gotten this stupid over pussy."

Tamel shook his head. "I thought we were better than this. We got more pressing matters. We got more important shit going on right now."